Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I burried my quad up to axels in some muck tonight. Hooked winch up to a tree, and when started to pull out it just drained the battery and wanted to kill engine. I had to use a come-along to get out. I have a champion 2500lb. winch. I don't know if I need a better winch or better battery. Also when plowing snow, it weakens battery quickley raising and lowering plow. First winch ever had, any advise appreciated. Worst part is, I didn't get any pictures.... Thanks...

Sounds to me like the electric motor is shot causing excessive load on your electrical system.

Sounds like the stator is not charging properly. Are you running head lights when using the whinch? The battery might be going bad and not holding a good charge.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mudrecon
      as the topic says I'm interested in brands of mufflers ur using. I want a quiet (drive up on moose quiet) but performance type. Whos got what? Mines seen better days

• By Mudrecon
      Haven't got a service manual for this yet so I'm flying by the seat of my pants I made myself a shifter extension to go up by the gas tank took my foot shifter off to weld it and now when I put it back on I don't seem to be able to find neutral. Is there some asinine reason that you have to do something internally when you change or remove the foot shifter? It was a simple take off weld put back on and dog bite my pecker it's not working. I hope this is something simple I've done and that's something I need brain surgery for. Cheers fellas I know y'all will have the right answers
    • By Eddie Lambert
      So I picked up a Cannibal that has been sitting for many years. I wonder if anyone can tell me where that vacuum port is on the engine. I’ve found the one to the air box, pressure regulator, and ecu but can’t seem to locate the one on the engine. Thanks in advance for any help. 

• By Ajmboy
      With this cold snap, I noticed yesterday that the battery on my grizzly was a little weak. even clicked a few times before I got it to start. I'm thinking of picking up a batter tender/ trickle charger so was wondering what people use to keep their ATV battery charged up. I was looking at these on amazon. They both have good reviews.

or this one

Kind of like this one because if the accessory plug

• By chuckufarlie
      I tried to turn my Warn Vantage 2000 into neutral to spool out the line and the clutch is very stiff... I got it.
      When trying to engage it again, it was also very stiff and I ended up breaking off the thumb tab -- so I guess I will need to buy a new gear end housing for that.
      Anyway, is there some maintenance that is needed to keep the clutch turning smoothly or some trick I am missing?
  • Similar Tagged Content