Quantcast

05 yfz 450 cylinder works big bore cylinder

I have recently rebuilt my yfz 450 as a lot of you know from my other posts. Well, they bike runs great. Very strong but i'm kinda wanting to sell it to build my 06 raptor 700r with 50th anniversary plastics. I've had a few potential buyers of the newly build 480 but all have turned out to be scams. I had an offer last night from a guy and after i covered all of my basis', he emails me this morning saying "well i did some research on the cylinder works cylinder you have on it and i found out that they tend to crack". Does anyone know if this is true? I've had no trouble with it. It has a 13:1 comp cp piston with a stock stroke 06 OEM crank and rod. The guy tried to get me to email the vin to him buy i refused and then told him if he was bringing a check, to make sure to cash it before he got here and the next email this morning was the about cylinder works cylinder having cracking issues.

Thanks

Chad

I know nothing of any paritcular issues with the Cylinder Works cylinders, I think this guy may just be trying to get you to drop the price. I only know one guy who has run that Cylinder Works bigbore setup on his YFZ and he has not had any problems.

I agree with DD, sounds like a price reducing attempt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4  
    • By huntindog
      I am in the process of puting it back together after replacing the DPS gearbox.
      The manual I have states that it will need to be flashed by a dealer. Is this still true?
      Also , I have a mystery bolt That I cannot remember where it goes. M6x 70 or so.  Hex head with a flat washer.I will try to attach a pic.
      Pic is no go for now....Cox issue I will try again later
      TIA
    • By Werewolf
      My wheeler originally had a fuel leak.But on trying to start it no spark. Took front end off, when I try to start it I get one spark then nothing. Come back a while latter one spark,replaced coil and cdi box no help?
    • By brettautosworldwide
      Sportsman 450 H.O Whatsapp : +33758980374
      Starting at $3,999 US MSRP.
      Plus logistics surcharge of $250.
      Plus destination charge and set-up.
      Reliable Sportsman power, performance and comfort—all at a best-in-class value.
      Whatsapp : +33758980374
      For inquires : [email protected]
      Instant chat Skype id : live:.cid.481378ea1a91ce4b