Quantcast

2008 Arctic Cat 250 and 650 Winterization

Sarge

Winter is about to dump on us here in the rockies and I would likto servivce the bikes. last winter I just pulled the batteries, but now I want to change the oil and coolant. the thread for service manules isn't responding now. Give me an idea of what I'm in for to just change the oil on a 250 and 650 both are 08s.:confused:

I just posted a thread on some info I found online: http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/general-atv-discussion/9137-how-winterize-atv.html

Here is another tutorial I found online:

Step 1: Fill your gas tank up. Include a fuel stabilizer to prevent the gasoline from breaking down and causing damage to the fuel lines and various other areas of your ATV.

Step 2: To prevent corrosion on the metal surfaces of your ATV, it’s a good idea to change the oil. This helps keep everything properly lubed and clean.

Step 3: Keep your throttle and clutch cables lubed to help them stay in good working condition.

Step 4: Focus attention on the battery when you plan to store for the winter, since it gradually loses charge over time Ideally, you’ll want to leave your battery in the ATV and attach a battery tender to it. The battery tender is a smart charger that basically turns itself on and off as needed to prevent overcharging. Take time to clean the posts on your battery now if they are corroded. Add grease to the threads of the bolts to keep them clean all season.

Step 5: Inflate your tires to their ideal level to decrease the risk of flat spots forming on your tires. Take the time to move the ATV several times a month—parking on a different section of the tires each time also helps prevent flat spots. To prevent your tires from dry rot, keep them out of direct sunlight.

Step 6: Give your ATV a good scrub before storing it for the winter. Don’t leave any grease or bugs on the paint or chromed areas. There are products available that you can apply to the paint and metal areas to protect the finish.

Step 7: Store your ATV inside if at all possible. If it isn’t possible to store the bike inside, invest in a good form-fitting, breathable cover.