Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

ltz400 service manual

jpjones789

Dream Car Giveaway
if i was to bore this out what should i do ? and where should i buy the bore

There are alot of companies that make big bore kits for your machine, just do some research and figure out which one will give you what you want and fits your budget, keep in mind, you usually get what you pay for. Ebay will have several different kits. On that note, $25 or $30 is not that much to pay for a repair manual that can potentially save you hours of searching forums for answers or save you from making a fatal error and ending up with a blown motor. I don't get why so many people are looking for this free manual handout. If nobody wants to pay for them, they won't get printed anymore. I say just suck it up, pay the money and buy the darn book.

There are alot of companies that make big bore kits for your machine, just do some research and figure out which one will give you what you want and fits your budget, keep in mind, you usually get what you pay for. Ebay will have several different kits. On that note, $25 or $30 is not that much to pay for a repair manual that can potentially save you hours of searching forums for answers or save you from making a fatal error and ending up with a blown motor. I don't get why so many people are looking for this free manual handout. If nobody wants to pay for them, they won't get printed anymore. I say just suck it up, pay the money and buy the darn book.

Ya and I suppose if people keep getting free advice on the forums we'll run all the mechanics out of business too.:biglaugh:

oh alright well my friend found one for a 400ex and thats some what somthing like mine ltz400 so i might try and work with that.. but i think i have to change the rings and gaskets i think maybe more. i cant buy anything yet because it might already be bore over, the guy before said it might.. so i gotta take her apart and look, well me and my friend because i dont really know what im doing

oh alright well my friend found one for a 400ex and thats some what somthing like mine ltz400 so i might try and work with that.. but i think i have to change the rings and gaskets i think maybe more. i cant buy anything yet because it might already be bore over, the guy before said it might.. so i gotta take her apart and look, well me and my friend because i dont really know what im doing

Are you going to use the 400ex book as a guide for your ltz 400 :confused:you can buy one on e-bay for cheap

Ya and I suppose if people keep getting free advice on the forums we'll run all the mechanics out of business too.:biglaugh:

Now that is different, dealer mechanics are thieving bastards,:realmad::aargh: and IMO, not needed.:no: Repair manuals allow those of us who are capable to do things ourselves, without relying on a mechanic.:yes:

Now that is different, dealer mechanics are thieving bastards,:realmad::aargh: and IMO, not needed.:no: Repair manuals allow those of us who are capable to do things ourselves, without relying on a mechanic.:yes:

I agree, that's why we're looking for service manuals. We are all looking to stretch our dollars as far as possible. So why would we pay for something, if we don't need to ?

I agree, that's why we're looking for service manuals. We are all looking to stretch our dollars as far as possible. So why would we pay for something, if we don't need to ?

Because $35 for a Clymer, or $80 for a factory manual is well worth the money, you have all the info that you need, without having to take it to a mechanic. Like I said, with this rash of people trying to get them for free, the good folks who print these manuals will either stop making them, or raise prices because everyone is looking for a handout. Then, those of us who don't mind paying for a product that is worth it's cost pay for everyone else's freeloading. If you can't fork out $35 for a book that can save you thousands of dollars in labor costs, how can you afford to buy the parts you need? BTW, JP, if you are going to take your motor apart, you will need a repair manual, unless you want to guess on all the wear tolerances, torque specs and sequences. You can destroy a motor by putting it together wrong. Using the manual for a 400EX is not going to give you accurate info for your LTZ, just because the motors are the same size doesn't mean anything. They are completely different.

As long as there are free services out there, people are going to take advantage of it. If you have a cross to bear, maybe you should take it up with the people who provide the free downloads. That's like saying we should all buy OEM parts for an overinflated price, when there are good quality aftermarket suppliers, who can sell us the same or better parts, for a fraction of the cost. Do the OEM's stop making a part availabile to Joe mechanic, just because an aftermarket supplier has come out with a better idea ? Compitition is what advances technology. If you have no problem throwing your money away, I couldn't care less. But don't try to push your opinions on the rest of us.