Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2002 Yamaha Big Bear 4x4 has no power

ns_moose

i was just out plowin my driveway and my atv died.tryed to restart and nothin on the star button and i have no lights in my dash .i can pull the bike over on the pull start and it won t go .so i assume theres no fire getting to the spark plug.any ideas be great since i have like 2 feet of snow to plow .thankx

Dream Car Giveaway

I merged all your threads together into the first one you started, this is all pertaining to the same problem, so it all belongs in the same thread. Please don't start a new thread unless the subject is completely different. Having all your questions and everyone's responses together in one thread will help anyone who is trying to help because they will have all the info that has been posted so far in one spot.

That being said, I don't think that would be possible, the stator sends power out through the regulator/rectifier to the battery. I power should not be able to run from the battery to the stator through that same circuit since current can't run backward through the rectifier. Unless there is another connection between the battery and the stator I don't see that being possible. Do you have a multimeter? The best thing you can do is start testing all the circuits and switches tied to the ignition system.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is a mess, I just found 4th thread that he started, all of them are related to the same problem, so I merged them all into one, but I don't know what's worse, having 4 different threads that are all tied to the same issue, or one confusing messed up thread that goes all over the road. It would be nice if there was a way to rearrange the posts so the it isn't so confusing.