Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Evader53

2000 Yamaha Warrior Loud 'Clanking' from rear end

So I was getting the quads off the trailer after sitting for 3.5 months and one makes this loud 'clanking' sound from the rear end. Its a 2000 Warrior 350.

As best as I can tell, its from the axle area but I'm not 100% sure. It happens when it is rolling. It didn't do this when we put them on the trailer back in march.

Here are two videos showing the sound;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj5AMJ2_H7U[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cborkO8p5Dk[/ame]

The second video shows it the best. I dont know what it is... bearings maybe? Please let me know!

Edited by Evader53

Is it every revolution of the inside of the sprocket hub? Or the chain?

Neither... Its completely random. Sometimes it wont do it at all over 5 revolutions or so, othertimes it will do it constantly.

Im uploading another video now with the back tires suspended that I will post once uploaded.

Here is a video with the tires suspended and me spinning by hand;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqQLpXvkXM]YouTube - ‪IMG 0156‬‏[/ame]

axle bearings for sure,an easy and cheap fix,if u don't tale care of them right away it can take your bearing carrier out,it happened to me but i had no choice,i was 15 miles from my truck

Guest S-Hardy

yeah that's what it sounds like to me I had a artic cat dvx 400 and it was making a sound kinda like that and that's what was wrong with mine. It didn't take no tym too fix it when you pick it up and roll the ack wheels is there any slack in in the axle. If so u should be able to tell if you grab the wheel and move it back and fourth.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mike Johnson
      Does anyone know what the 3rd item is behind the battery on this ATV ? I know 1 is the,  solenoid1 is the CDI box, what is the 3rd.
    • By Mike Johnson
      Hello again guys ,. I have a Quadmaster that has a very bad lean to my passenger side wheel. I replaced the a arm bushings with no change in the lean,  I see no bent parts and no adjustments available. It's always been there since I got it but became really noticeable when I put the lift kit on it. I'm going to add a picture of the problem if allowed.

• By marek porowski
      It’s kind of ATV related question as I need new trailer tires to tow my 4 wheeler. 
      Does anybody have any experience with loadstar 12” trailer tires ? 
      There is not to many choices for trailer tires here in Ontario and I was wandering if somebody can recommend me something. 
    • By StolenATV
      Trailer loaded with four wheelers attached to truck in front of our house, . They pulled receiver out spun it around and left.. Came home no trailer or 4 wheelers.
      The post 2 ATVs and trailer stolen appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By colin james
      View File 1996-2000 Polaris Sportsman 335/500 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 10/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Bubba Blaster
      Hi there, new owner to a Bayou 220 and could use some input from those who have owned these. At idle only, I am hearing a distinctly noticeable amount of chatter noise coming from the lower right side of the engine - right in the the clutch housing area. It's like a light clanking sound like something is loose in there. It goes away as soon as you give it throttle. Shifting in and out of gear is smooth and there is no change in the noise if you have it in or out of gear. The clutch doesn't slip at all, it's just that noise. I can also feel it when my hand is on the the clutch housing.
      I just replaced the oil and filter with 10w30 motor oil per spec. Any thoughts?
    • By arvellaspoon
      When I push down on the rear brake pedal, it makes the left hand brake very sloppy. Is there a way to adjust that? I have a 2007 Suzuki Vinson
    • By chuckcnm
      Hi, just picked up a MOTO 4 YFM255 and want to replace the rear brake pads. How do I get to the back. Guessing I need to remove the brake disk, question any easy way to do this?
      Thanks
    • By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By pizzaman_288
      How hard is it to change the outer seals on the rear differential mine are leaking fluid and I have no idea on how to change them out any help would be great thanks