Quantcast

yamaha warrior reverse problem

cletus84

You have to pull up the handle then move it back. If the handle won't pull up then it won't go back far enough to shift into reverse.

When my friend got his Warrior it wouldn't go into reverse cause the handle wouldn't pull up. I took the handle part off and started oiling it up till I got it to move.

If the rubber is still on it you will have to pull it back and you will see a nut. Take the nut off and then the locking handle should come off. Might have to mess with it some to get it off. When the handle if off you'll have to start oiling it and trying to twist it a little and pull at it. It may take a little to get it to move.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By joshua91673
      hi every one .anyone out there my issue is my kick start wont stay out  i have to have some one pull it out.  it pull out easy just wont stay out to kick it over .kicks over and starts no problem 
      also does this quad have a ajust mint for the rear spring .it sags when i get on it .or is this normal . thanks guys for your time 
      first post 

josh ohio
    • By Gwbarm
      My Yamaha Big Bear shifts through all the gears good, goes into reverse smoothly, but when i go to get out of reverse it takes a lot of effort to get it back to first gear, and even then it does not go very smoothly, have to pull up on the pedal really hard, anyone else ever had this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.    
    • By Alleycat3677
      Just bought a cheap moto4. Runs and rides great in low and high. Issue comes with trying reverse. Everything I read says foot brake on and in 1st gear. Then pull back into reverse. Nope. Not mine. I removed the safety wire on the brake because it wasn’t moving. Same issue without it. I put the quad into neutral and pulled hard and bam…..goes into reverse!! Then I stop and try to get into forwards and no luck. Stuck In reverse. Turn it off and try and the lever moves into low high and back down with ease. Start it up and same thing. Would really love some help with this one. Thanks in advance!
    • By Seriousbird
      1992 Suzuki kingquad 300 with 17000 kms.
      New intake boot same old problem. Starts and Idles perfect, wont take any % of throttle. Same tune i had as when it got flooded with water. 
      All i did since then:
      Cleaned the top and bottom of the carb and jets.
      Swapped different plastics onto it.
      Rebuilt the starter.
      Added another ground. (Since removed)
      Extended the positive terminal so it can fit without strain.
      Added battery.
      Swapped carb diaphragm off of another. (No holes)
      Did a temporary oil cooler delete.
      Flushed and replaced the oil.
      Just added a brand new intake boot & gasket....

Had it running perfectly just days ago minutes after i siliconed the intake gasket. It has since melted away from gas i assume. Didn't touch it for 4 days went to go for a ride and bogged and bogged. Replaced the gasket and intake boot to no avail, so i really don't know what's going on now. 
      The spark plug is dry carbony but it's the same tune as before..
      Has good fuel flow in the line, fuel is new.
      I was testing spark yesterday and it was bright orange. And it eventually went back to its white, Not blue by any means.

Before i replaced the intake boot it would take tension on the throttle and you would get 2000 rpm max before it bogged..
      Since i replaced it, it won't take any at all. Spraying flammable liquids into the carburetor had the same bog result. I tried spraying said flammable liquids around the head boot seal and didn't notice any difference. I didn't try for too long.

boot to head is tightened as much as i could with a screwdriver + less than a quarter turn with a ratchet.
      Previous silicone very possibly could have fell into the combustion chamber and did something there??...

No difference with any choke, with or without airbox boot, pressurizing the fuel tank, battery disconnected.. there was a point where i left choke on and had the air filter that came with it on and it flooded the whole airbox with fuel, That was when i was building compression because i lost all of it during the flushing process. (It's back now)
      Im lost! This thing was perfect until i got water in the oil and flushed everything and what not. Its only been less than a week since then so theres no chance the fuel went bad.
      Snapchat-1004857443.mp4  Ps the switch is a neutral safety switch bybass. It really hates itself with the switch off. It makes a knocking noise and idles with a surge. Is perfect with a battery connected off and on but without a battery it has to be on..  
    • By Lafytafy
      When my quad is shifted into reverse, the light on the speedometer doesn't come on. I've dug into the wiring and can't find anything other than it being a faulty switch. How do I get to this switch, is there a way to take it off without tearing it apart? I see that it may be accessible if I take off the air box but I am unsure of this. Thanks!