Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

cletus84

yamaha warrior reverse problem

What year is your warrior? Doe sit grind? Can you move the lever? Does the reverse light come on if there is one?

You have to pull up the handle then move it back. If the handle won't pull up then it won't go back far enough to shift into reverse.

When my friend got his Warrior it wouldn't go into reverse cause the handle wouldn't pull up. I took the handle part off and started oiling it up till I got it to move.

If the rubber is still on it you will have to pull it back and you will see a nut. Take the nut off and then the locking handle should come off. Might have to mess with it some to get it off. When the handle if off you'll have to start oiling it and trying to twist it a little and pull at it. It may take a little to get it to move.

my 2002 goes into reverse good when its cold after it heats up it wont until I shut off the engine..any ideas?!

Sounds like the linkage is out of adjustment just enough to cause issues when all the parts are warmed up and have expanded.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ryan Hutton
      Hey guys i am new to this site. i have a quadmaster 500 and last year my brother in law had it out and brought it back. When we went to put it away it wont move now any suggestions i have the belt cover off now. With it jacked up it seem to take gear when its not running.
    • By mailman1
      I have a 96 Big Bear 350 2 x 4 and I noticed last fall that when I went to start it that the starter would not engage when I pushed the starter button. This spring I charged the battery to make sure that it wasn't the problem but still wouldn't start. I get a buzzing sound from the solenoid when I push the starter button but no sound from the starter at all.  I took the batt. cables loose and cleaned them on the starter and both solenoid posts still nothing. I can start it by pulling the starter rope with the 1st or 2nd pull no problem.  About 10 years ago or so I had the starter armature turned down as the shop said it was getting worn some maybe it is getting to that point again. Anyone have any ideas feel free to jump in.
    • By jimbog526
      I have a 2013 Honda Rancher ES that wont start. Last night after running the atv for 10 minutes I parked it for 2 minutes. When I came back to start it up the atv would not run. It was turning over. All electronics are working properly. The battery is strong. I sprayed a little bit of carb cleaner in the intake with filter off and the atv started for a second. I changed the spark plug and it still wouldn't run. Whats the next step to check before giving up and taking it to the dealership?
    • By JacobSlabach
      i know this isnt an atv but same type of thing.  I have a riding mower im fixing and selling for my aunt and it has a dead battery.  i jumped it off my atv and when i turn the key nothing at all happens.  i tried jumping the relay still nothing.  this is with the seat down.  you wouldnt think this mower would have issues as its a top-of-the-line brand and almost brand new (aunt found it for a good price, still got tits on tires, just sat for a couple months in a mechanic shop
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Zacharia Maisonneuve
      i have a 1993 timberwolf yamaha and the compression is good and lights work but for some reason the electricity is not going to the spark plug(s)! i got a friend to check it out and they said its no use but im not giving up! please help with this!
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By Homestead
      My bayou was running. Turned it off. Went to start it again about 20 minutes later and nothing.... no electrical power. No lights, no neutral indicator light. Battery good. Jumped starter and it turns over but doesn't start. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe ci igniter or rectifier?
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, I try to find this manual in the threads but you have a lot of stock here
      Cannot find this particular manual.
      I found it for YFM200 but not sure if they are the same.
      Thanks if you could help me with that.
      Im new here so if I did something wrong, please tell me.
    • By dyyjrr9
      I just got a 1991 Yamaha Moto 4 for my son and I am looking for a service repair manual. I know that the timing chain needs replaced.