Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Not looking to spark any controversy or any arguments. :laugh:

I was thinking about this all day dont ask why.

Ive heard of guys complain about EFI in the new atvs and how carbs keep it simple. wouldnt want their efi module to go out 80 miles deep in the woods. - My 400ex has a carb

Now what about when a front axle actuator gets jammed or the electronics for it crap out. Now that 2 foot mud bog you had to travel through was a piece of cake in 4 wheel drive is now going to kick your as*. - my 400ex is 2 wheel drive. I wouldnt attempt it in the first place.

Coolant leak in the woods or a broken hose? - my 400ex is air cooled.

Melted and broke that CVT belt because you sucked up water into the CVT case? - My 400ex has a clutch.

whining that your 500 dollar instrument cluster isnt covered under warranty cuz you broke it. - My 400ex has a neutral light.

Got too deep and stuck in mud so out comes the winch. They make a 1500lb capacity winch for my 400ex too. plus it weighs only 8 lbs

Your atv is so heavy it needs power steering and wooopsy it breaks deep in the woods. My 400ex has conventional steering. They also make a steering damper and vibration dampening handlebars for it if it gets too rough.

You rolled your 900lb atv and cant get it over? my 400ex is only 375lbs

your starter crapped out? no pull start? my 400ex doesnt have a pull start either but I can push start mine.

Ive seen alot of people say they like to rough it in the woods. How is driving an ATV that is the equivalant of a Cadillac roughing it? Air Ride??? Really? you need an air suspension??

Ill stick with my trusty 03 400EX. Does it break? Yup, but it never left me stranded. Is it crude and optionless - big 10-4 but I dont care. Its simple and trail fast. add a cooler rack for storage and an atv winch and you can go almost anywhere a 4x4 can go. :biggrin:

Edited by marioweldinginc

• 2 weeks later...

I look at it this way. Buy the quad that fits most of your needs. If I was a big hunter I would not own my z400. If I like to ride sand dunes and enjoyed jumping and racing on dirt roads and was light enough for my wife to be able to move around the quad, then my z400 would be for me. There is not one quad that will do every thing great. For me the Suzuki fits what I do the most.

• 2 weeks later...

well i like my V-force 700 on most of the riding i do .. it doesnt have a chain to ware out and the rear breakd are sealed and dont ware out like the 400ex and it sits higher and has alot more power and is auto so you dont have to worry about if your in the rite gear ... and its only about 100lbs more than the 400ex .. you should try 1 there mario ... you would prolly park your 400ex an never look back...lol

I found an new '09 in riverhead. I am going take atrip out there this weekend.

That doesnt mean ill go ahead and get a lazy mans quad BUT the reviews are very high so..

I like the fact that they kept it somewhat light. It is 2 wheel drive but that is quite a large motor

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Edited by marioweldinginc

well i like my V-force 700 on most of the riding i do .. it doesnt have a chain to ware out and the rear breakd are sealed and dont ware out like the 400ex and it sits higher and has alot more power and is auto so you dont have to worry about if your in the rite gear ... and its only about 100lbs more than the 400ex .. you should try 1 there mario ... you would prolly park your 400ex an never look back...lol

I have to admit my chain problems stemed from an inferior product and a sprocket change. The factory chain was still on there and worked perfectly.As for rear brakes the 400ex seems to be notorious for eating rear pads but again if my rear brakes go out it wont leave me stranded like a broken cvt belt or if i broke a radiator hose.

I would like to know if anyone has or carries a deadman anchor?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk