Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1994 Honda 300ex - Brake Pads~Am I An Idiot?

So on the 94 300EX rear pads I am having some issues....

Pins and lock tabs out, check.

Back off e-brake, check.

Caliper mounting bolts out, check.

Pads out, check.

Clean around piston area and use small c-clamp to push piston in, check.

Install new pads and clean, lubricated pad pins with lock, check.

Install caliper on mount, NADA, not gonna happen. Even with the piston all the way in there is NO WAY that the rotor is going to fit between the pads.. WTH??? Any suggestions? I feel like I am :beatdeadhorse5c:. No way should I have spent this much time on a stinking set of pads.. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Im not sure if the 300ex is the same as the 400ex but when i did changed my rear pads to ebc they kept getting hung up on the caliper and i couldnt seperate them wide enough to get them over the rotor. Eventually Saturns moons aligned with Venus and the pads mysteriously fell into place. Not sure how but when all was together there was about a 1/16" of space on each side of the rotor till i used the brake. I still dont know what happened

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

the drum is grooved to the shaft... and cant get the drum off.. heat dont help at all..i even rode it around hoping it would knock loose with just the tire attached I was desperate... then i just gave up on it... i need some type of puller.... i might have to weld up a makeshift brake drum puller....