Quantcast

2005 Polaris 500 H/O efi - Starter Issues

dusty011

new to site !!

Power washed a 2006 500 h/o efi x2 last night and now it wont start havent really looked at it but thought i might figure out where to start.

Started fine before I washed with power washer under the seat.

Turn key on fuel pump cycles and then just clicks at solinoid as I try to start it, doesnt seem to be sending power to starter!!then get this weird buzzing,clicking sound coming from somewhere by the carberator. battery is good load tested it fully charged. quick pull with the cord fires right up.

Again it was late last night never really spent any time to check all connections.

Never had this problem with my arcticat hahah!!!

Thanks

That was supposed to say where water WASN'T suppoed to be. Most MFG'S warn against using high pressure spray when cleaning your quad, in some cases it can even void your warranty. I'm guilty of doing it too but I try to stay away from electrical components while cleaning with the pressure washer. Hopefully just letting it dry out fixes your problem. You could try pulling the fusebox cover and starter relay to let it air dry even quicker. DON'T try drying it out with compressed air!! That can push water around even worse.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By Gwbarm
      I generally use Non Ethynol fuel in all my small engines. I just got back from the gas station and that fuel has really increased in price since last year, I will continue to use it, even though its north of 1.00 a gallon more. That seems minor compared to cleaning and repairing carbs every year. 
      I was just curious as to what others are doing in regard to gas in their quads, i know a lot of the newer ones are fuel injected which shouldnt pose a problem, but i have had lots of problems with rust and jell forming in carbs when using ethynol fuel.
    • By Johnfj44
      The stock driver seat cushion is separated at a seam. I took the seat apart and found that the material has torn and cannot be re-stiched. I'm trying to find a replacement seat. Any suggestions? Hoping for a used seat but couldn't find one on Ebay.
    • By bighoss
      i got my son new outlaw 50 a few weeks ago and we went rideing yesterday and while we were riding it died and it took me like 10 min to get started back and it died agen when we got close to truck so i pulled it back took the plug out it looked like it was drop in a bucket of gas took the air filter out and the ait box was full of gas also got home it started rite up today i started it it starter up but was blowing what look like water out of the exholst let it idel for a lil bit did not die but as soon as hit the gas and let off it will die what does that sound like i thnk i going to take it back to dealer and tell them to fix it as it is under warrenty but would like to know what it could be first
    • By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!