Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

kdxfan

1999 Bayou 300 (klf300-b12) hole in engine case?

I have scored a 1999 bayou 300 for free. It has been setting for years (2) but it was too good to pass up. I have found the usual problems, dirty tank ,clogged pitcock, gummed up carb. etc. I also noticed a oil leak. I lifted the front of the quad up high so I could get a good look at what is going on. I wiped down the case and found something im not sure about. I found a hole in the case at the front and down low. It does not look like it was hit or damaged from riding. The hole is about the width of a penny and about half an inch long, it is located where the case halfs are put together. I thought it could be a vent of some kind but to me it seems to be to low. It would get full of mud and water. I haven't put any money into the quad yet so now is the time to answer this question. Thanks for any help.

Thanks ,I looked through the tech manual and found the "hole" is used for case splitting. I found it in section 7-5 on page 91. So the question now is where to get a new plug for it. Thanks for the tech manual my friend!

Edited by kdxfan