I hope it works out for me. The E-Ton gets a new home & the vintage Honda SL100 comes home with me. My daughter is pretty hyper about the trade. I feel the Honda will bring more money or at least as much as the quad.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I have lost my mind or eye site. The bike is in need it's been awhile since I saw it last. It's not even a SL100 But I traded anyway it's a 1983 XR80 It needs a new seat cover, grips, front brake lever & a good cleaning. They said the last time it was running was December last year so I thought "O" crap & had almost a full tank of gas left in it. Well I got home took it off the trailer second kick it came to life & with my 6 foot 230 something lbs. I test rode it after a brake check and air in the tires. 1st & 2nd pulled the front wheel up and 3rd thru 5th pulls strong. It's not as nice as the quad but I'll get it looking good little at a time.

Honda XR80 001.jpg

Honda XR80 002.jpg

Honda XR80 004.jpg

57d773414037b_HondaXR80001.jpg.a3e2013c3274ff69d636ade3f692fa0b.jpg

57d7734143269_HondaXR80002.jpg.a481bd3cd1900d04b26411154949c7f1.jpg

57d7734146906_HondaXR80004.jpg.065c9bdff55a3da45701047e1405d055.jpg

I like it the color is cool and it has that vintage look. Why did you switch from 4 to 2 wheels?

Swampcat the reason for the 2 wheeler was my daughter has outgrown the E-Ton 90. With no extra money to spend. I traded for the bike. NADA on the quad was 625.00 the Honda with a little work could sell for more money. My plan is to teach my daughter to ride a bike and if she wants to ride my quad the bike is still big enough for me to ride for now. I plan on tearing it down repaint the frame and gas tank, handle bars, add a new seat cover & make sure it's running good & try and sell it for more than the quad would bring. Then put that towards another quad 250 to 400cc for Jennifer.

Thats seems like a good plan. I would love to have a bike around, it brings back alot of memories.

Update now the bike wont start got spark & fuel. I did a VIN search on the bike the friend I got it from knows little to nothing about the bike. The tag on the frame is not in good condition right where it tells the XR--0. XR 0 is all you can see so by the vin it's a XR100 not XR80. Today while I look like a man training for a butt kicking contest and using the kick starter on the bike my daughter ask to ride my quad. I was ready to throw the bike down on the ground and go for a stress release ride myself but like an idiot I kept kicking it never did start didn't even come close.

did you check the spark in the plug if its not spark it must be fuel has it got good compression I don't know just trying to help

The first thing I would do is change out the plug and drain and refil the gas. Then check for spark and gas to the carb.

I wish U lived closer ! Those things are easy to work on !! :wink:

Thanks guys I already cleaned out the tank & carb. I bought a new plug and I will put it in saturday morning if it starts then I will be taking a trip to our local dealer for new grips & brake lever. Then change the oil & air filter. What was left of the air filter fell apart I'm sure some of it had to get into the carb. I plan on getting a carb rebuild kit I think it would be a good investment.

I bought a new plug & the bike is running but still running rich I can get a new carb for less than a rebuild kit off ebay so if I can't get the carb working right i'll just replace it. Here's a few pics I put the rear fender on after the photo shoot. It was learning day!! Thanks for not disowning as a quad crazy member for posting about a bike.LOL! No kidding I checked on finding a bike fourm to see if I could get a little help & info. on the bike & for some reason people don't respond back I got 1 welcome. I think the QC is the most friendly fourm.

Honda XR80 009.jpg

Honda XR80 007.jpg

Honda XR80 012.jpg

Honda XR80 014.jpg

57d773415630d_HondaXR80009.jpg.eb30247f08aa8ec81f39eae9f84d29db.jpg

57d7734158a1a_HondaXR80007.jpg.417b4e902712700bff522a14aa90aa13.jpg

57d7734189b3d_HondaXR80012.jpg.01bca80dbb992cf90a910ad0e943b6f3.jpg

57d773418c234_HondaXR80014.jpg.03d43702d9174f0d998cc83c7f2e3774.jpg

Handyhiker I got your message thru email but not on the qc fourm for some reason but yes I took the carb completely apart. If I'm right the pilot screw should have a spring on it and if so it is long gone and the adjustment was fully closed I opend it 1 3/4 turns but I'm sure it wont stay without a spring. I was not thinking when I started working on the carb it's 29yrs. old. Today it had sometimes where it idle high then almost die as if it was running out of gas. By the way the plug looked like it had black soot on it. I have looked on ebay for a carb They have new carbs cheap but I'm unsure of the quality.