I need an engine for a 2005 ltz400. My engine case has a leak and I'm afraid the damage may be deeper so To save money I need a compatible engine. I have searched Craigslist and had no luck. I won't downgrade but if it will fit on the frame I wouldnt mind upgrading. Any help would be much appreciated. Even if all that's done is a point in the direction of one.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Have you tried ebay or an atv junkyard?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

There is one on ebay for $1000+ and i dont have that muc or id just rebuild the one i have and i am not native to my area so i am not sure where to begin to look for an atv junkyard. Im in ft campbell ky right now but native to ft wayne in

I need an engine for a 2005 ltz400. My engine case has a leak and I'm afraid the damage may be deeper so To save money I need a compatible engine. I have searched Craigslist and had no luck. I won't downgrade but if it will fit on the frame I wouldnt mind upgrading. Any help would be much appreciated. Even if all that's done is a point in the direction of one.

IMO Its still cheaper to fix the old one ! Have U tried to fix the leak ? !! That same motor came in the Kawi 400 and the Artic Cat DVX 400

Well the leak is deeper than just the whole turns out it ate through the case and so i have no idea what kind of condition the inner workings are in and its to costly to have the mechanics tear it apart and see the extent of it and that doesnt include a rebuild or anything.....

you can also check several atv forum sites .. several of them have large for sale listings and i have bought several parts from a couple of the forum sites u can send me a message and ill give ya a site or 2 that have forsale listings ..