Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gunny

19 Jan 013 - Aspen Grove Ride

A friend contacted me last week and told me he had just bought some tracks for his Arctic Cat 700. He told me he and some Search & Rescue friends of his, who also have tracks, were going for a ride and asked if I wanted to come along and see some new country. :toetap05c:

Gee … does a bear …. In the woods ?? HELL YEAH !! :hurrayc: HOWEVER, I wasn’t crazy that this area was up by a ski resort, on a narrow, windy road and on a weekend. But heck, it still sounded better than stay’in home in the inversion we’re in at home.

There were five of us, the friend on an Arctic Cat 700, one Yamaha Rhino, one Polaris 4 seater RZR, one snowmobile, & myself on the “Bad To The Bone” Can-Am 800 Outlander MAX. :coolgleamAc:

The area is called “Aspen Grove” and it’s up Provo Canyon by Sundance Ski Resort. The days ride would be road riding which isn’t my preferred type of track riding, but again, it beats stay’in home. Also, this country is REAL steep, so I’m not sure we could of done much boon-docking anyways. But all was good as it was.

Lots of people were out too. We saw a several out walk’in their dogs, several cross country skiers, one guy on a fat wheeled mountain bike, one runner, and several other snowmobilers.

We had a couple issues during the day. At the beginning the Arctic Cat had some EFI fault code thing going on and the bike didn’t want to run, but the guy did something and got it to run OK.

Later, the 4 seater Polaris was do’in a little play’in and hit a rock with his right rear tracks and knocked it off the drive sprocket. :slap: We got the track back on, but it appeared he may have bent the large front bogie wheel support too. So he’ll have to check that out.

It was a great day to be in the out-of-doors. The sun was out, the sky was blue, and there was snow, beautiful scenery, a bunch of friendly guys & no worries. What more could a guy ask for I ask ya ?? :woot:

Here’s a short video of the days ride.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RauILQAnJoI]19 Jan 2013 - Aspen Grove Ride - YouTube[/ame]

great video Gunny !! :yes:

i'm not sure what i am enjoying more, the preface to the vids or the vids themselves :laugh:

was also pleased to see you kept to the rear of the sled, especially from the start. it was funny, before i could say it, you had WTF on the screen ... HAHAHAHA

looked like a nice ride with the scenery and the google map thing is nice too !!

great video Gunny !! :yes:

i'm not sure what i am enjoying more, the preface to the vids or the vids themselves :laugh:

was also pleased to see you kept to the rear of the sled, especially from the start. it was funny, before i could say it, you had WTF on the screen ... HAHAHAHA

looked like a nice ride with the scenery and the google map thing is nice too !!

Glad you enjoyed the vid Ox !! I almost fell off my bike when the guy on the sled did that. WAY too funny !! :smilielol5c: ... :smilielol5c: ... :smilielol5c:

THANKS for watch'in too !! :bow:

LMAOF :biglaugh: LOL That guy on the sled was drinkin a little early LOL :laugh: Sweet Vid Gunny ! Kinda funny that search and rescue is breakin down !!

LMAOF :biglaugh: LOL That guy on the sled was drinkin a little early LOL :laugh: Sweet Vid Gunny ! Kinda funny that search and rescue is breakin down !!

THANKS Quad Guy !! Glad you enjoyed the vid !!

Yeah, none of these guys have had the tracks very long ... this season is all & like I mentioned (if I did), the Arctic Cat guy just got his, so this was his first ride out ... and, from what I'm told, he is always hav'in electrical issues with his Cat.

Oh, and the sled guy ... he was cold sober !! Yeah, even funnier !!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Muggzy
      Hey All,
      Looking for some recommendations on an ATV for my Daughters-in-law to ride when they visit with my sons. We ride mostly woods trails. It needs to be fairly easy to ride, automatic is't necessary but shifting should be forgiving and it needs to be under $2000. I have a Banshee and a Polaris Sportsman 500HO now.
      One DIL is tiny, 5' and about 100lbs, the other is about 5'8" and 130lbs. I'm concerned that steering on the Sportsman may require too much upper body strength and the Banshee is definitely not a beginner's ride.
      I'm thinking about a Warrior (may be under powered) or a Honda 400EX but I'd love to hear what others might suggest?
      Thanks!
    • By Gunny
      Went for a ride at Murdock Basin, which is on the South side of the Uinta Mountains. I hadn't been there in about 13 yrs & I had forgotten just how rocky this area is. I did ride some trails I hadn't ridden before & even found one short ATV trail.
      I had the "Check Engine - Transmission Signal Fault" message, but the bike never did go into limp mode, so I just kept riding & a little while later, the message disappeared, so all is good. I did check the wires when I got home & put some dielectric grease on the connection thou.
      Over all, it was a great day of rid'in, I hope you enjoy the video.
      [ame]
      [/ame]...
    • By OutlawGade
      editing video
    • By OutlawGade
      We went for a ride in the day and enjoyed a good old fashioned "North of Seven" party with a few local bands that evening.
      I decided to mesh the two together.
      [ame]
      [/ame]