Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

WarriorPride87

1987 Yamaha Warrior - HELP - No Spark

I'm new to working on atvs. And I just bought this atv not running. I replaced the stator, coil, and I have two cdi's. It sparked once and now won't spark at all it won't even spark if I turn the key off then back on. I'm completely baffled I'm not sure about what to do next or what it could be. It's a 87 warrior. The parking break has been deleted and I tried bypassing the the clutch switch still nothing. Also my neutral loght stays on would this have something to do with it?anything leading me in the right direction would be greatly appriciated! Thanks in advanced!

Save 5% on ATV/UTV Parts, Accessories & More at GearUp2Go.com! Use Code: WNTR5

Hi I have an 88 Warrior and I had something similar happened to me I had to disconnect the wire coming to the reverse lever and it did work after that . Check with Yamaha if there was any recals on reverse switch.

Good luck

Alain

agreed. probably the reverse or neutral/safety relay giving you grief ... neutral/safety switch will not allow the bike to spark, so, i would check that wiring for breaks and/or poor contact ...

check the condition of your battery too, especially if its been sitting. It needs a full charge to start that sucker, and it the batt is shot, theres just no way around buying a new one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Brent Mason
      IMG_4272.MOV Originally had my griz600 stop running and then wouldn’t start ! After testing all coils , valve lash , compression (115psi) and all tested ok I bought a used cdi . After cdi install it still wouldn’t start (no spark) ! So even though the stator , pulse/trigger and charge coils check within good range I decided to switch the stator etc ! It started but It is very unresponsive on throttle and acts like it is running in 2 Different spark timing ! With slight throttle it will take off good but instantly go into a very different running mode with no power like timing very retarded but it will switch back to running good for short period then bad again !  Since I replaced the stator and it started I then decided to install the cdi I replaced and it did the same thing ! Also I noticed the Used cdi I Took off had a capacitor that had swelled and extruded from the back of the cdi . I had always heard and I believed that when these CDIs go bad they machine will quit and will not run . Is that true ? I also checked the cam/valve timing and its ok ! Checked with timing light and it does fluctuate on idle ! I am thinking I have 2 bad CDIs . I also switched the trigger Coil wires and would not start then . Man , this thing ran good before and I am confused ! Video below may help !
      IMG_4272.MOV
    • By Brent Mason
      1998 Grizzly600 ! Slowly died then wouldn’t start ! All coils check good ohms ! Checked ac voltage from source coil get OL ! Is the source coil bad ? 
    • By Fireuzercut1
      I have a 08 TGB Outback 425 had it running yesterday went back to start it later didn't start checked and no spark went over all wires and connections can't find problem the atv has all good fuses need help.
    • By davidwestfall
      hey I'm dave westfall I'm new I just became an official member of this site a few minutes ago. Ive been crazy about quads and bikes since I was about 3 and ive always done my home work on them figuratively speaking. I would say for comparison to the common man that I am pretty knowledgeable about them. its been my passion about most of my life. I love talking about quads and bikes so if anyone out there would like to talk with me about mechanical subjects or about person experiences while riding or just shoot the breeze please feel free to chat with me. I'm looking forward to it.
    • By davidwestfall
      looking for direct shift shifting lever that properly fits my 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 and fits my foot the same as a stock 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 shifting lever fits my foot