Quantcast

01 May 2013 Spring Mountain Ride

Decided to head up to the mountains and see if the snow is melting much ... it was 21 degs F when I got to the staging area, the wind was howl'in & it was try'in to snow :eek:

Up higher it was snow'in. So I rode for a ways and then turned around and went to some lower elevations and enjoyed some dirt, snow & mud rid'in. :cheer:

What a GREAT FREAK'IN DAY !! :woot:

Hope you enjoy the video & make sure you watch it in 1080P ... :bow:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkTSWBNR6vM]01 May 2013 - Early Spring Mountain Ride - YouTube[/ame]

:bow2:Sweet Gunny !! Its meltin fast up top here to ! Seens like we`re get a good storm every Mon or Tues for the last month !!:confused:

Why THANK YOU Quad Nutty Guy !! :notworthy:

Ours is melting too, but we still have about 6 ft on top so it'll be a while until we get up there to ride ... however, I do plan on going as high as I can next time I go. It was so cold with the wind & I hadn't planned on that so I didn't have my balaclava to wear under my helmet & the cold air scream'in thru my motocross helmet just flat froze my bald skull !! :coneheadc: ... :smilielol5c:

We've been gett'in storms up high same as you ... and more next week !!

Glad you enjoyed the vid & THANKS for watch'in Big Guy !! :seeyac:

Another awesome video Gunny dude.:bow: Looked a little cold to be throwing all that water on yourself. I would be looking for something to warm me up.:flamesmiley: I tried going through some water in my last video and it didn't work out so well.:brickwall: I love the way you go from the snow to the mud..looks like a lot of fun.:hurrayc:

Another awesome video Gunny dude.:bow: Looked a little cold to be throwing all that water on yourself. I would be looking for something to warm me up.:flamesmiley: I tried going through some water in my last video and it didn't work out so well.:brickwall: I love the way you go from the snow to the mud..looks like a lot of fun.:hurrayc:

Why, Thank You Wylde Guy ... THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! :notworthy:

Well, I did have my Gore-Tex rain suit on, so no worries about gett'in wet or to cold ... besides, I'm kind of a big kid at heart & it's pretty difficult not splash'in around in every puddle of water I see ... SAVVY !!?? :wink:

And yeah, if the water is too deep, the "Brickwall" affect can send a guy over the handlebars ... :shocked:

Again, Glad you enjoyed the video & THANKS for watch'in too !! :cheers2c:

nice video Gunny !!

i especially liked the different seasons you had on your ride ...

and the downed trees ....

lumberjack_log_rolling_hc_zps69914040.gif

THANKS Ox Guy !! :notworthy:

Yup, kinda had it all that day ... and the downed trees made it interesting for sure !! :woot:

THANKS for the kind words & THANKS for watch'in too Big Guy !! :seeyac:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By Mhatayas
      So here where I live in Newfoundland Canada, they let you drive your bike on the road provided it’s registered and insured same goes for crossing highways but on trails you don’t need to be insured. And I don’t even think you need a full license to insure your bike they said it was up to the insurance company. I’m trying to get my old 1985 Suzuki 250 registered they have to do a search for it to make sure it hasn’t been in anyone else’s name first. Hopefully it comes back clean I am pretty excited 
    • By StayTheTrail
      Hey everyone!
      Ya'll have been so great and welcoming to our new Ambassador program, we wanted to be sure that Quad Crazy was getting info directly from us about the Stay The Trail educational program too.
      The program was started in 2003 with the purpose of educating the public about responsible trail use and fostering a sense of stewardship among OHV enthusiasts.
      The "Where To Go" section of our website is another great resource for anyone looking for trail info. We host all of the Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) and overlay them on the Google mapping system. We want this site to be the place you go to for trail maps as you plan a run. The MVUM maps show what trails are open for what types of vehicles. If a trail is not on these maps, it is not an open trail.
      We attend events and set up at trailheads throughout the season to ensure that folks are getting the info and education they need to be responsible on public trails. We have posters and brochures that quickly review these guidelines (all of the Etiquette info can also be found on the website).

Very soon, we will have a HUGE announcement about mobile mapping options!
      Sam and Matt are going to be around on the forum, keeping everyone updated on what is new with the program and answering questions. Feel free to ask us any questions!
      Oh – and don’t forget to follow us on FACEBOOK!
    • By prdicon
      South Florida.

How much it worth?

Pros: looking decent.

Cons
      No brakes.
      Front wheel bearings are shot.
      Idles, but sometimes will shot off. Most likely when cold.
      Gas smell and little bit steam in the air filter box when I started it.
      Display screen won't work.
      Tires are dry with cracks.

Not sure if has title, I will check and update.

How much do you think it worth?
    • By GTX-Racer
      I am interested on some easy trails to ride with a younger, new rider in the Pittsburgh region.  Preferably further west near the airport.