Quantcast

05 Nov 013 - 1st Snow Ride ... It's Com'in !!

Yup, my first snow ride of the 2013-2014 Winter Season ... :biggrin:

Went for a ride yesterday to check out the snow conditions in our mountains. What a GREAT DAY !! :jiggy:

It was just like winter, when I unloaded the bike, the temp was 10F (-12c) and at the end of ride it had really warmed up ... all the way to 17F (-8c) ... and there was about 15 to 20mph wind all day long. I will say thou, I didn't see one bug all day long, nor was it dusty !! :smilielol5c:

I sure like these Pit Bull Growlers tires too. They really grip. :drivingc:

There were a couple sledders that showed up just as I was pulling away from my truck & they returned to their truck about the same time I did. They said that had been trying to follow me, but it kept gett'in to rocky for them ... that made me chuckle !! :nopityc:

Here's a short video of the ride, hope you enjoy it !! I will say, it looks so crystal clear on my computer, but Youtube really messes it up. Still, I hope you enjoy the video. :seeyac:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iys6gW7zdCQ]05 Nov 2013 First Snow Ride Of The Season - YouTube[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By Frank Angerano
      So I decided to pick up a small trailer if I could get one for the right price.  I found this one for a few hundred bucks on Craig’s list.  It is  a galvanized trailer which is exactly what I was looking for. The wood was shot and needed some minor repairs which I could care less about as long as the chassis was good. 
      I striped it down and put a new deck on. I had some vinyl realtree graphics that I had laying around so I added them to the fenders which I think worked out well. Very happy with this little guy.  
      I'm having the iron workers at my jobmake me up a few lightweight side rails that will have a 22 degree bend in them to accommodate the tires that slightly hang over the edge and will incorporate some tie down points as well. 

• By Gwbarm
      I just heard Tommie Smothers died, I watched his show in the 60s, it was a great show one of the best. He will be missed, if not for Mom liked you best, then definately for YOYO MAN and his state of YO.
    • By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!