Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

1995 Kawasaki bayou 220 won't start

kaidella

Bought 4 wheeler for kids. Used to run and soon as it was put in gear it died. I have put new carburater, new plug and battery. The neutral light won't come on. I replaced the solenoid, then the positive battery cable and today put new relay assembly on. Still no neutral light. Not getting any juice and I don't know why.

Dream Car Giveaway

this is what i found on another forum with your 220 ///

There is a switch on the end of the gear change drum that signals when the tranny is in neutral or reverse. It's made of plastic and can sometimes break. More often the contacts are rusted even though it sits in oil.

You have to remove the left engine cover and final drive case to get at the switch. You can often do this by sliding the motor ahead in the frame instead of pulling the motor.

here is a manual for your bike here ... https://www.hightail.com/download/UlRSK2VxZy9tMEp3SGNUQw

I am so aggravated. Finally got the engine down and moved forward. Got to the neutral switch, which was broken, replaced it, got it all put back together and turned on the key.........NOTHING! I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions please.