Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2000 manual shift 300 Carb

Help, The carb started leaking gas out of my 2000 300 so I shut the gas off. 6 months later I get a chance to check into it and the needle is stuck in the brass seat. New needle and cleaned the carb good and now the gas won't shut off. Fills the air box/cylinder with gas. I had it apart 3 times and nothing I did seems to solve the continual gas flow. I really don't want to spend $379 for a new carb. Any suggestions? I did notice the tangs,arm that hold the float pin are really wore out, lots of slop for the float pin.

Put a piece of hose on the gas inlet, blew through the hose and lifted the float and it will shut off air being blown. But, hook the gas line up to carb and gas just keeps running out of it.:no:

• 1 month later...

Ok put the carb kit in and it got a little better but still leaking gas into the cylinder sporatically. Found out that the diaphram in the carb also needed replaced. Carb issues resolved but not the voltage regulator/rectifier went out. Get that replaced and it aught to be good for another 8000 miles.:yes:

• 3 months later...
Ok put the carb kit in and it got a little better but still leaking gas into the cylinder sporatically. Found out that the diaphram in the carb also needed replaced. Carb issues resolved but not the voltage regulator/rectifier went out. Get that replaced and it aught to be good for another 8000 miles.:yes:

Still running great. Just wanted to let everyone know.:yes:

• 2 weeks later...