Stoopidbot1

My new suspension

21 posts in this topic

So, I finally figured out what I'm doing as far as suspension upgrades.

IShock F8 (double rate springs upgrade) Ishock F8 Front Shocks - Suspension Online at MotoSport

Streamline Billetanium Steering Stabilizer Streamline Billetanium Stabilizer - Bars & Controls Online at MotoSport

GT Thunder Rear Linkage Gt Thunder Linkage Xc - Suspension Online at MotoSport

All that is still less that shocks I was gonna buy. I think I will be much happier with is set up rather than just front shocks. What dou you guys think?

That's an awesome price - I assume you have standard travel arms? Ishock will revalve them and send them back to you when you get them for no charge - just tell them what arms, weight, and type of riding.

my buddy has a HDUSA/ISHOCK front end, i can say it is amazing. he has the single rate spring but its still is quite a set up! very nice choice bot, i need a stablizer as well.

dillon.jpg

dillon.jpg.8c58aad8acba60366fb336b80b4d1515.jpg

I am surprised at how much the steering stabilizers have come down in price! 3-4 years ago it was common to handover $400 for one. At $140, I might even consider the swearing and bleeding involved to get that old PEP stabilizer out of there and replace with one of these....with the PEP the raptor's oil tank was a problem too- this looks like a very similar design...adjustable too eh? nice!

$500 for shox? OUCH. like goin to the doctor....I guess it could be worse.

I'll pass on those- I don't ride like that anymore. I like mine to feel like a nice, comfy sofa LOL.

I don't want to date myself but the first aftermarket shox I bought Charlie Curnutt built in his garage while I stood there and watched. Took about 15 minutes. $70 for the pair...for my 'desert deek' a 125 DKW. Let's just say they would be 'antiques' now.....:laugh:

I am surprised at how much the steering stabilizers have come down in price! 3-4 years ago it was common to handover $400 for one. At $140, I might even consider the swearing and bleeding involved to get that old PEP stabilizer out of there and replace with one of these....with the PEP the raptor's oil tank was a problem too- this looks like a very similar design...adjustable too eh? nice!

$500 for shox? OUCH. like goin to the doctor....I guess it could be worse.

I'll pass on those- I don't ride like that anymore. I like mine to feel like a nice, comfy sofa LOL.

I don't want to date myself but the first aftermarket shox I bought Charlie Curnutt built in his garage while I stood there and watched. Took about 15 minutes. $70 for the pair...for my 'desert deek' a 125 DKW. Let's just say they would be 'antiques' now.....:laugh:

500 bucks for those shocks is 400 bucks off!

Raptor8, I've been meaning to say this for a while. You talk about your riding like you cruise in 2nd gear. You move pretty good. You definitely break the tires loose. I know, Drtygrl and I ate your dust!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have the Streamline stabilizer.....its great :) I love it. But, sometimes I do have to re-adjust it....I don't think you'll be disappointed once you get it dialed into your riding..

and I don't have the GT linkage, but I do have linkage in the back and I love it so much too!! Bringing the back end of my quad down helped me corner so much better....

I can't wait for you to get everything on and ride it, you'll see soo much of a difference. You thought you were fast before Bot, you just wait :) :)

hahaha well thanks for that! I prefer 4th and 5th myself, I blame the dust on the tire tread pattern.....

OK, if $500 is good for shox then have at em. I don't ride enuf to justify that but YOU do.

I'll have to fly in and try it when you get it all done.

My old boss at Bend Recreation [the service manager] is a retired USAF pilot, an avid glider freak and an all around nice guy. He used to build Steve McQueen's Harleys and his Dad owned Orange County Cycle in Cali. [big outfit]. In fact, he and his dad prepped the bike that was filmed in the 'the Great Escape' with Steve McQueen NOT riding it most of the time. Here's a guy with some great stories!

I'll bet he would fly to Colorado just for the fun of it.

As for the dust, there's a trick to it: be the person with the helmetcam and ppl let you go first, even tho the best video is not in front. Winter is fun [no dust] buy a helmetcam and I'll give you a deal on this spare miniDV camcorder I have.

Edited by Raptor8

that's a pretty good price :) Especially cause of the discount....Idk if I mentioned it before, but I snagged 8 HIPER CF1 wheels the other day for a $900.00 bucks...shipping included! :)

yeah it broke down to $112.50 a rim :) I'm sooo super stoked. I've shown everyone my early Christmas present....we're not putting them on until we get the new ITP's on them and its race time. So basically, they're going to sit in their boxes until like April bahhaa :)

Oh well, atleast I'll look slammin' on that line :)

hahahaha isn't that the truth "came in last, but I was COOL' hahahaha I've seen it!:wink:

His son is Still Building Shocks from what I hear....So yeah,,,,,That DOES date you....LMAO!!!!

Was it this one....

DKW%20125cc%20Enduro%201970.jpg

Or this one...LMAO!!!

dkw-rt-125-1939-nl.jpg

YOU ARE A PROBLEM MY FRIEND! Don't inform the children!!!! LOL BUT THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND THE HISTORY LESSON. i am convinced this is why I now have a '20 minute bladder.' LOL

these old bikes had 3 inches of susp, you are aware, and it was hard to make that work!

mine had that heavy springer front end which was great in the desert but SUCKED in MX. that's all we thot about back then- mx or desert and I like to go fast so desert was an easy choice even tho Saddleback Park was only 15 miles away. gas was 35.9 remember? mobility was cool..

Edited by Raptor8

LMAO!!!!!!

Hey,,,,I just realized that between what Bot and Wheeler Spent on Suspension and Wheels.......They could have Bought a Sweet Trike and not have a payment:laugh:

yeah... that's right! I keep getting emails from friends about 3wheelers they find for sale....I'm gonna end up being the atc90 parts store! found 2 more, mostly complete, for $100 take it all. I can part them out....ebay here we come!:wink: and NO suspension to worry about hehe

Edited by Raptor8

A trike would be extremely interesting on the trails I ride. The front end would be up in the air the whole time.

A trike would be extremely interesting on the trails I ride. The front end would be up in the air the whole time.

Id follow you anywhere:yes:........My front end is up in the Air most of the time anyway...:wink:

348873B63A27Ffp643Dot3E2323A3D3B3A4.jpg