Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

surbike11

2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI massive headache

Here is the story. I bought the atv used it one week at the hunting camp no issues. I go back the next week and its working great, I cut it off for a break and go to crank it and it has no spark. I tore the bike completely down(all plastics off). All wiring looked good. I started cheap new plug coil. still no spark. Oh by the way no codes came up either. Next was a ecm because everything was testing out good (stator etc). I put the ecm on and boom it busted right off and was running great. New issue I noticed the wires from the stator going to the rectifier were scorching hot I mean burn you hot. I shut it down and started to research. I checked all grounds again. All grounds were good so I ordered a rectifier. Put the new rectifier on and same thing super hot. So I ordered a new stator and pulsar. Keep in mind the scooter was running great just wires getting to hot. The stator according to all the specs tested out good but I couldn't figure what else to do. So I put the new stator on today and I am back to NO spark. Someone please help I am loosing my mind. Thanks

You may need a new wiring harness. Seems like you have two wires in the harness shorted and they may come and go, depending on if the wires are tight or loose. I have seen wires burnt off inside the insulated plastic coating before.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sturgeon
      Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 
    • By Frank Angerano
      So here’s a question. I have seen a few members that have recently purchased a used bike.   Also a HUGE amount of so called new members who have purchased a used bike and have come here “just here for a manual”.
      Some have been disappointed with the bikes and or knew they were getting a broken bike with some mechanical  experience thinking hey I can fix it.   So here’s my take on buying a used bike. Anyone who has followed some of mine and other members posts about what to look for when buying a used bike here’s a few pointers on what to look for. 
      1. I always check the oil and look for moisture, metal shavings and color. 
      2. Feel the compression or take a compression tester with you. 
      3. Check for spark (if the bikes not running)
      4. Take a small jumper pack to verify that the starter cycle works and the bike cranks.
      5. Look for bent or cracked frame/welding that was done on the frame from maybe a wreck.
      5. Mismatch plastics by looking under neath.  
      7. Bolts on the engine/frame that look like they are stripped from someone taking the bike apart. 
      8. Any kind of scilicone or gasket adhesive that was used on a cover plate or engine seem where the engine was taken apart.  
      9. Patches on the exhaust pipes with sheet metal or jb weld patch material.  
      10. Wiring messes on the harness like bundles of tape where the harness was opened up and taped up  for an after market device or just plain butchered up.  
      11. Put the bike in gear (running or not) and roll the bike back and forth to see that the gears work and you feel resistance like the engine is trying to spin while pushing it forward as if you were push starting it   
      12. I keep a vin# decoder website on my phone as a favorite to double check the year of the bike .
      All though nothing is fool proof these tips will help you along while buying a used bike. Not only that but  it will help you negotiate a fair price for a bike that may have one of the above problems.  
      I have minimized this entire process down to about 15 mins. I buy all the time so I don’t expect you to do the same or have a compression tester etc but use some of these tips when buying and go into the purchase with confidence! 
      I would like to hear anyone else that has any input on buying a bike and what to  look for! 

• By barnz
      hi all i have a klf300 4x4 1999 lost spark i have replaced regulator /rectifier , replaced cdi unit 
      quad turns over but no spark 
      if you have ignition on and hold the wire to coil if you touch it on and off it has a spark each time you touch the wire to the terminal on the coil 
      pulse coil is pulsing 

any ideas please
    • By Brandi Nedley
      We just bought a used polaris sawtooth 2006. Any advice on pros and cons or things to look out for. were 1st time owners. basic maintenance?

• By JacobSlabach
      picked up this pos bike for $80 not running.  took it home, cleaned the carb and bypassed the fuse-  ran great (other than the rev limiter- those things are so stupid)  Then one day out of the blue it starts flooding on cold startup and wont idle cold, but idles to fast warm.  (too fast being about half throttle speed heh).  I tried a new carb ($10) and new sp.  new carb wouldnt make it run except on choke and then it was gushing white smoke.  I had better things to do with my time so I parked it in a shed and used it for a work bench for a while...  this last weekend, I wanted to take it along with the sportman to a mens retreat to let the younger boys have some fun on it--  took about 30mins to pull all the crap I had accumulated on it and then rolled it down to my workshop, put the old carb back on after adjusting the needle clip up two notches (leaner) and threw it back on the bike.  Will turn over, but no fire.  I didnt have time to check sp that day but just wanted some incite on what could be wrong with this quad (if it even qualifies as being called that)
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By toonces
      I'm wanting to run Shell Rotella T6 synthetic in the 700 Griz but I can only find it in either 0W-40 or 5W-40 weights, and the manual says it's ok to use everything BUT those weights...5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40, 15W-40, 20W-40 and 20W-50.
      Would it be ok to use the Rotella 5W-40 or do I need to stick to what's specified in the manual?
    • By chevyboy
      AL righty I did some trading around this weekend and ended up picking up a few 4 wheelers for cheap. I ended up with this one for $500 in it total and well the guy told me it dropped a valve. I haven't really messed with it at all. But this weekend I am going to try and start working on it some to get it running before winter time frame. So what I am asking is a couple of questions.
      1. First off where do I start I tried pulling the pull cord and could not get it to move at all.
      2. I need to get a service manual for this 4 wheeler where can I get it downloaded for free?
      3. what do I need to look for and how do I go about this really. I do have experience with 4 wheelers but this one is a little different to me than others because its a V2 and I have no clue where to start internal on the engines. Most of my experience is on the outside portion of troubleshooting on theses wheelers.
      Please no smart butt answers as i am new to here but just wanted opinions on where to start. Please and thanks wink:
    • By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 that only has 34mi. on a carb & ring job.
      Cut the gas off today to drain carb.Now engine will not idle.If I open throttle will run,but let off & will cut off.Can screw idle in with no change.
      What happened? Why did this happen when fuel ran out?
      Please help me,my ATV is a daily driver.
      Please help!!