Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Bought a 01 bear tracker and a trailer from a local guy last week. I rebuilt the carb 2 days ago and ran damn near perfect for 2 hours. Parked it and came back the next day. It suddenly won't hold an idle at all and pops when I'm going downhill or at a slow speed. Almost like I'm dragging the whole power train with the weight of the ATV. It still has decent power (80-90% maybe as it is now) but I can't figure out why it's popping and won't hold an idle suddenly. even with messing with the idle screw next to the bowl on the exterior of the carb. No changes. . ANY ideas would be great. I'm far from a carb king, but I've never had this issue before. The fuel was bought 2 days ago and it has a brand new intake manifold as of yesterday when I rebuilt the carb (whole rebuild kit). I sprayed around the carb and did not find any leaks. 

Thanks y'all. 

Here  is an old thread on much the same issue. His solution is at the  end of it.  Click on highlighted area to go to the thread.

Edited by davefrombc

I actually came across that thread before I posted here. None of his solutions made any difference on mine. I found the problem this mornin, apparently the BRAND NEW (like installed less than 24hrs ago) intake manifold had a gash on the bottom end of it on the rubber. Never thought to look at it since it was literally brand new. Just got off the phone with the parts company and have a replacement on the way. Goobered it up with JB weld for now so my boy can at least ride it for a bit. Just waiting for it to cure and hopefully she'll ride like new. Thanks though

• Like 1

OK.. Glad you found the  problem. Maybe the  admin here  can  append this thread to the  earlier one  so there  is continuity  on  it for the  next  member  with a similar  problem.