Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Finsdad

2010 Yamaha 450 Wolverine??

I have a 450 Wolverine with 500 miles on it. My question is are these known to not have a lot of pick up? It just doesn't seem like its fast out of the hole or top end. It has plenty of low end torque. I thought maybe the CVT belt might be worn....but it only has 500 miles on it. 

1 hour ago, Finsdad said:

I have a 450 Wolverine with 500 miles on it. My question is are these known to not have a lot of pick up? It just doesn't seem like its fast out of the hole or top end. It has plenty of low end torque. I thought maybe the CVT belt might be worn....but it only has 500 miles on it. 

Those always seems to me like a utility quad dressed in sport quad plastics. It's not going to be a rocket ship, but should be able to get up there in speed as most utility 400 and 450 quads I used to own a Yamaha Kodiak 450 and it was fine and had good low end but wasn't a speedster of the starting line. Now if it's slipping, that's another thing. Do you have it in 4WD or 2WD, if I recall there is a selector.

• Like 1

Measure the  belt width and compare  it to  a  new belt to  know  how  much wear  is on it .. 500 miles  of  hard  pull  will wear it  more  than  easy riding. The weight  it is  carrying  also  affects   its acceleration  and top  speed.  My  260  pound  butt on a  buddies  quad  with the  CVT transmission definitely  is  slower  than  it is  with his  150   pounds.

• Like 1

Don't know if they have the same running gear,but I have a 2006 Rhino 450.I installed a clutch kit & wet clutch slugs.That helped me.

I didn’t have it in 4wd. I’m just wondering if it’s me or something wrong? It runs great just think it would have more pick up. I’m not comparing it to my 700 king quad but they are night and day different. It doesn’t seem like it wants to spool up quick.

It is normal for this machine. I had the same machine and did the same thing. However, I sure did like riding it. 

• Like 1

Yes it is a blast to ride. I ride it more than my 700 king quad