Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 SP Power Steering Not Working

Sturgeon

Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 

Dream Car Giveaway

I'd contact  Polaris directly,  and I suggest talking to  another dealer. If  that  one  is giving you  the  brush off  like that, I'd definitely  be  dealing elsewhere..  Here  is the  Polaris website..  http://www.polaris.com/en-us/atv-quad/self-help 

Contact them .  There's no way  there  isn't  a  warranty fix for  a   new machine with 4  hours on it .

• Like 1

Dave not a bad dealer, just not a real fix? They said the same, contact Polaris. So just starting to trouble shoot and see what's on the web and get a handle on it before summer. I can see this being a problem being a novice rider and not needing a steering issue. So thanks for the info and I'll keep looking.

• Ajmboy changed the title to 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 SP Power Steering Not Working
25 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Alright, I'll contact Polaris. The dealer sold me a specific machine that has a known steering issue without a fix  by their own admission and even they said to call manufacturer. Not understanding this at all. Whys it on the market?

Have you seen this recall? http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/article/polaris-recalls-sportsman-all-terrain-vehicles-due-to-crash-hazard

Update got ahold of Polaris, they said of just a couple of weeks ago they came up with a fix. Emailed dealer who's closed today so hopefully hear something tomorrow. Polaris said to either open a ask Polaris case or tell them they need to reach out to their tech support. So their you have it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

Update got ahold of Polaris, they said of just a couple of weeks ago they came up with a fix. Emailed dealer who's closed today so hopefully hear something tomorrow. Polaris said to either open a ask Polaris case or tell them they need to reach out to their tech support. So their you have it.

That's great to hear! Keep us posted and good luck. Wonder if the fix is replacing the entire unit or something else.

• Like 1

Well not so fast. Polaris, yes we have a fix. Just fingered it out 2 weeks ago. Dealer service manager face to face, WHAT fix. He sends Polaris a enquiry and comes back with well we have to check charging system , relays, EPS unit, computer, fuse buried on front chasse some where and flash computer and check pen connections. AND theirs a relay that's acting up in cold weather somehow that's supposedly related to this.  Yeah sounds like a real fix alright. And Polaris is refusing to lengthen my warranty. Four and half hours and fifteen miles on it. Nothing good to say.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dealer fixed my issue with EPS, Firmware update, been 6 months no issues. Also had a issue with CVT system, secondary pulley was out of alignment.

Dealer fixed that issue only charged me 1/2 hour labor. Took atv out and rode it on a long ride tight trails at Tahuya Wa.  

No issues with EPS or CVT system. Also have dealer install heat shield kit. That will keep from cooking your right leg.. fix works great. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...