Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Removing Seat on Kawasaki Bayou 220

Thanks Frank.  This was at my brother's cabin and wasn't working, so he told my husband if he could fix it he could have it.  So we brought it home, but the key could not be located so he will be having to replace the ignition switch.  He has taken out the carburetor and can see that needs to be replaced - he's "never seen a carburetor so junked up".  So if you had any tips on those or could post those sections of the manual that would be great - won't let me download it yet.

Edited by Curtiosity

I’m sure a good soaking and some work I bet that carb can be saved.  When they are that bad I don’t even try to take them apart without a one day soak.  Here is a pic of of a soaking process.  It comes with the basket inside etc. let it soak for a day and then try to take the carb apart. Put parts back in the basket and soak again.  After that some compressed air small piece of wire to clean the jets and it should be fine.  

1380BD7E-5FAF-4B3B-A0A4-48B307EC5450.jpeg

I had a bayou 220 that I was working on that had a junked, and leaking carb- replaced with an aftermarket for $20 off amazon- works great, but aftermarket carbs are hit/miss.

btw, does anyone know if the plunger carbs on atvs have compatible butterfly carbs that can replace them?  Every atv that I've worked on so far with a plunger carb has/had a idling issue where it wont idle cold, but idle speed increases with engine temp and races when warm....?  Anyone know why?

(by plunger carbs, I mean the carbs where the throttle cable hooks up to a 'plunger' that slides up and down to adjust flow into the engine vs the butterfly carbs where the throttle cable attaches to a butterfly gate that opens flow into engine...)