Quantcast

little help 100cc aeon cobra s carb problem ?

Ok got a quad if a mate that's helped me out a few times said I look at it for him
20190327_081749.jpg

Been sat for 6 years in a barn checked spark and also changed the spark plug after a sonic clean of the carb started and started easy but when you use the throttle it bogs and near dies

Now this unit has 2 tanks one for oil and one for fuel for the moment I'm bypassing the 2 tanks and using only a fuel mix direct in to the carb could this be causing the problem ?

I've done a second clean and refitted and still the same even as the air screw was near fully in it was said from watching a few vids that is was starving of fuel so I've increased the pin on the throttle up a notch but still no difference

There is not much adjustments on the carb so assume there's not much to go wrong but I was going to buy another carb but I can't find the right one here a pic of the actual carb

I would get a new carb but I spent days looking on line for the same one they dont seem to make it any more I assume 

It's a mini Corp tm13 16479 that's all the details on the carb that brings up nothing on an Google search i even just typed in to Ebay mikuni carb and sent through the whole lot the first pic is of my carb the second pic is the closest match so say for a 100 cc but it's got an extra pipe on(see my finger pointing to the extra pipe compared to mine) it does this make a difference some people have said it's a drain pipe but I cant spend 30 quid for it to be wrong 

20190327_081519.jpg

15536862004129132463104363520440.jpg

That is the right carb for the bike I also found the extra vent line.  I was not sure what it was for since the old one on the bike didn’t have that line. So I bought it anyway and plugged that line. Just a small piece of hose with a screw in the end.   The oil injection lobe was perfect and the everything else matched up. The only issue I had was it took me a long time to tune it and dial it in. But it worked. Here is one on e bay 

3A3701B7-8D6E-4AE9-8440-5F20B770A31E.png

EFCC21FC-27B4-46D7-BE86-5E093487A555.png

On 4/1/2019 at 7:17 PM, JacobSlabach said:

I wouldnt bypass the tanks if its self mixing

ive gone back to a heath robinson idea and using 2 syringes one for the oil direct in to the pipe with the top off and one for the fuel with the top off direct to the carb

any how new carb installed started fine 3rd kick but when you try to add ant throttle it just bogs and slows to a near stop it does not move the bike at all just a wobble same as before so back to trying to find the problem

ordered a compression tester any one got any idea what compression a 100cc should ruff have ?

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Uglyside38
      I have a 1988 Quadrunner 250 2wd. My brother in law sold it to my son for $20...had been sitting outside for several years. Got it home and had it running in about 30 mins. Ran it a bit and then went to looking at the carb as it was having trouble idling. Was getting it pretty close, then started losing spark...Also, it wouldn't start up every time...only about 1 in 5 tries. Anyway...now, it has what I can only describe as "intermittent" spark. I can get 1 light spark right when the start button is pressed and sometimes one when it's released...but none while cranking. 🤷‍♂️

I have replaced the spark plug, ignition coil/wire, and traced wires best I can. I noticed a couple frayed wires at the pickup coil where it enters the case. So, now I have the cover off, stator and pickup coil out and trying to test the coil. I do have about 114 ohms resistance for pickup best I can tell. And I can read minute voltage when I drag a magnet across it. Could it still be bad? Can a bad ignition switch/button cause this? (I did have the switch off to oil the choke cable)...pulling rope makes no difference though...any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!! It's the intermittent part that's throwing me off! 

• By Mhatayas
      My uncle bought a Baja 250, 2006. Knew there was no spark since the get go. He don't know anything about quads so is getting me to help him try to get it running...

battery is bad so I connected battery charger to it to crank it over , cranks over well , but no spark .... 
      Lights and everything work fine , but with each crank over using the e start switch , the display reads 999 888 777 666 ... Right down to 000 and repeats itself . 

He managed to get a parts bike , I changed over the CDI and the coil and the stator from the parts bike and there was another black box by the voltage regulator I changed over ... I used my multimeter to confirm as much as I could works , it's hard without knowing which wires are which , and I cannot find any diagrams online for this bike ? 

Do you think it could be the Killswitch? There's so many wires coming from there I don't know where to start . Also I should mention it appears the fan on the front of the bike has been taken off (the wires have been cut too ) 

If this bike sparked it would run . The previous owner said he parked it one day and it just wouldn't start after.
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.