Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

angellonewolf

little help 100cc aeon cobra s carb problem ?

Ok got a quad if a mate that's helped me out a few times said I look at it for him
20190327_081749.jpg

Been sat for 6 years in a barn checked spark and also changed the spark plug after a sonic clean of the carb started and started easy but when you use the throttle it bogs and near dies

Now this unit has 2 tanks one for oil and one for fuel for the moment I'm bypassing the 2 tanks and using only a fuel mix direct in to the carb could this be causing the problem ?

I've done a second clean and refitted and still the same even as the air screw was near fully in it was said from watching a few vids that is was starving of fuel so I've increased the pin on the throttle up a notch but still no difference

There is not much adjustments on the carb so assume there's not much to go wrong but I was going to buy another carb but I can't find the right one here a pic of the actual carb

I would replace the carburetor. It’s a simple carb and cheap enough.  eBay has them posted for about $40 bucks.   

I would get a new carb but I spent days looking on line for the same one they dont seem to make it any more I assume 

It's a mini Corp tm13 16479 that's all the details on the carb that brings up nothing on an Google search i even just typed in to Ebay mikuni carb and sent through the whole lot the first pic is of my carb the second pic is the closest match so say for a 100 cc but it's got an extra pipe on(see my finger pointing to the extra pipe compared to mine) it does this make a difference some people have said it's a drain pipe but I cant spend 30 quid for it to be wrong 

20190327_081519.jpg

15536862004129132463104363520440.jpg

That is the right carb for the bike I also found the extra vent line.  I was not sure what it was for since the old one on the bike didn’t have that line. So I bought it anyway and plugged that line. Just a small piece of hose with a screw in the end.   The oil injection lobe was perfect and the everything else matched up. The only issue I had was it took me a long time to tune it and dial it in. But it worked. Here is one on e bay 

3A3701B7-8D6E-4AE9-8440-5F20B770A31E.png

EFCC21FC-27B4-46D7-BE86-5E093487A555.png

thanks for the reply thats what i was waiting for some one to confirm there used one of these carbs to run quad on spoke to loads of differant companys asking if it will fit but if they did reply the could not confirm

ordered one now have to wait a few days before it turns up

Ok great.  Worst case you can send it back but I think it will fit.   Just keep in mind what I said about the adjustment issues. 

Good luck 

wheen you say setting up a bit hard what do you mean im assuming there set up to start as in the box just needs tweeks to get running right

or would not start untill  you got the fuel and air near right before it would start

It will fire right up most likely but the as you try to ride you may come across a point in the throttle that the bike bogs (flat spot)or slows down.  It’s just a mixture set up on the carburetor that takes time and testing to get right.   

Nope. I just kept playing with it until I found the happiest place. I got it to 95% and left it at that. Ran good the only issue was at full throttle for a good run she couldn’t stay there that long with out bogging down. After I let up off the throttle a little bit she cane right back.  

Not bypassing brother.  Like a bike I had and ordered a carburetor for there was an extra port. For what I had no clue. The carb was a perfect match aside from that port. So I plugged it with a piece of hose with a plug on the end.  

On 4/1/2019 at 7:17 PM, JacobSlabach said:

I wouldnt bypass the tanks if its self mixing

ive gone back to a heath robinson idea and using 2 syringes one for the oil direct in to the pipe with the top off and one for the fuel with the top off direct to the carb

any how new carb installed started fine 3rd kick but when you try to add ant throttle it just bogs and slows to a near stop it does not move the bike at all just a wobble same as before so back to trying to find the problem

ordered a compression tester any one got any idea what compression a 100cc should ruff have ?

Sounds like the carb is set too rich to me- what does your exhaust look like?  Really smoky?  I dont know about 2-strokes, but 4-strokes should have at least 100psi compression I believe.

best i can get out of it is 85 90psi in the bore with the throttle open not warm i expect this to be down a bit as things get warm

if seen higher psi on 2stroke strimmers and chain saws

this seam low to every one ?