Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Kristpj

2007 KingQuad 450 electrical issue

I know this tooic has been addressed by many, I’ve looked through many forums and pages. I did not find anything like the problem i have.

I have a 2007 Kingquad 450. I have a new fully charged battery. When i turn the key, the dash flashes and seems to struggle before getting fully lite. We can hear a small relay near the computer clicking, i think it is the fuel pump relay. When i turn off the engine kill switch and press the starting button relays click and all the power shuts off, i turn the key off, engine kill switch then start over, power is there. Atv will start with pull start, but not elextricly. if i try to use my winch, all power cuts and engine dies. 

Can anyone tell me what it may be? or has anyone fsced an issue like this before?

It really seems to me that you have a poor connection someplace. If the battery is fresh  then your loosing power within the harness. I would go get some dielectric  grease and start taking plugs apart and cleaning. Then add grease to the plug and reconnect. Then go to the starter relay and loosen the main battery cables on both lugs, clean and re tighten. Make sure your battery wires are not broken at the crimped part where the connector is on all ends.  Check the main ground wire. Loosen it up clean and tighten.  Lastly is it’s possible that one of your relays weather it be the main starting relay or the neutral safety relay may be bad. Both are not expensive and easy to change.  But start with your connections first. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Randel1
      I'm having a problem getting a CDI unit that works. The parts list calls for a  4XE-85540-00-00 CDI unit. The one currently on the ATV works but there seems to be a problem with the spark advance curve. It will idle fine an rev. to about 1.5K then  starts bogging down sputtering, popping and basically running poorly. If you can get it above 2200 RPM it runs better. I have ordered and returned about 5 replacement modules that will not work at all. The unit currently on the bike has no part numbers or identification other than a Mitisibuchi logo. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems with replacement CDI's and if so what is the fix? So far I have not found a replacement CDI that will supply an pulse to the Ignition coil.
    • By Curtis01
      OK, sooo  I finally did the old skid plate and screen removal to clean out my oil sump during an oil change...  This bike only has a couple thousand miles on it.  Runs like a top still...  Very few issues over the years after buying it used.
      But boy I wasn't expecting to see this!  Piece of a circlip, stuck up in the screen, and a another shard of metal and maybe a piece of gasket material.  Nothing in the oil but that...  Pristine otherwise, and still runs like a top.  Always has.
      Soooo, is it a wrist pin clip?  That's the only thing I can think of like this that could end up in there.  But definitely wanted to throw it out to guys that have seen the innerds of these more than I have.
      The valves on this thing are still within the factory spec even.  Been a really good lil workhorse...
      Any other ideas?