Welcome to QUADCRAZY! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our ATV Community and post in our forums, create your own ATV club, share your photos and videos, download manuals, and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

Stoopidbot1

Honda's TRX 250?

I can't renmember which magazine I saw it in, but Honda has made a prototype TRX250Or they might call it the TRX250XX so they are not using the name of the old 250R. Anyways, this was a quad designed like the 450R. It has upgraded Showa shocks, liquid cooled and everything else like the 450R. They took a CRF250 motor and applied it. Here is the kicker, not only would they be the only company with a race worthy 250 they claim that they lost no power transfer. It puts out 28-32HP. That is the same as the CRF2250. If they can actually complete this, wow! The TRX450 puts out 32-35HP stock. That is impressive for a 250.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Would be nice to see the 250's get some respect. Just wish they had not scrapped the RECON HO 4x4 project.

Honda needs to step it up in ALOT of catagories. There 4x4 sales have always stayed pretty consistant. The are really hurting in the sport class. They need to revamp the 450R. Rumor has it that in 2009 the CRF450 will have EFI. They expect the TRX450 to follow it's big brother into the EFI world but not until 2010.

not to flip the subject around but i think polaris also needs to go with a lower cc model thats not auto.

lol

but i like that 250 honda idea.

jus hope its not as ugly as the 700xx :laugh:

I LOVE the idea....250's are great for people who want to ride but don't want a lot of power...but, it looks like if what Bot is saying, they'll have almost as much power as a 450....I wonder how my 400ex power falls into the mix...anyone happen to know off the top of their head? That's something I've never searched for.

The 400ex puts out 29HP. Here is a big list of ratings. It's not all the machines but alot of them. New and old.

1. Suzuki Quadzilla LT500 ---------> 51srwhp / 390lbs = 0.1308 horsepower per pound

2. Cannondale Cannibal -------------> 38srwhp / 375lbs = 0.1013 horsepower per pound

3. Yamaha Banshee ------------------> 37srwhp / 386lbs = 0.0959 horsepower per pound

4. Suzuki QuadRacer 250R --------> 31srwhp / 327lbs = 0.0948 horsepower per pound

5. Kawasaki Tecate 4 ----------------> 33srwhp / 339lbs = 0.0944 horsepower per pound

6. Honda 250R --------------------------> 31srwhp / 329lbs = 0.0942 horsepower per pound

7. Yamaha Raptor 660R -------------> 35srwhp / 399lbs = 0.0877 horsepower per pound

8. Suzuki Z400 / Kawasaki X400 -> 32srwhp / 370lbs = 0.0865 horsepower per pound

9. Bombardier DS650 BAJA --------> 39srwhp / 475lbs = 0.0821 horsepower per pound

10. Honda 400EX -----------------------> 29srwhp / 374lbs = 0.0775 horsepower per pound

11. Polaris Sport 400 ------------------> 34srwhp / 481lbs = 0.0707 horsepower per pound

12. Polaris Scrambler 500 2WD ---> 35srwhp / 523lbs = 0.0669 horsepower per pound

13. Yamaha Blaster --------------------> 20srwhp / 320lbs = 0.0625 horsepower per pound

14. Yamaha Warrior -------------------> 21srwhp / 397lbs = 0.0529 horsepower per pound

15. Honda 300EX -----------------------> 17srwhp / 377lbs = 0.0451 horsepower per pound

16. Kawasaki Mojave -----------------> 17srwhp / 379lbs = 0.0449 horsepower per pound

17. Honda 250X -------------------------> 15srwhp / 351lbs = 0.0427 horsepower per pound

18. Honda 250EX -----------------------> 13srwhp / 349lbs = 0.0372 horsepower per pound

19. Suzuki QuadSport 230 ----------> 11srwhp / 309lbs = 0.0356 horsepower per pound

20. Wal-Mart PowerWheels ---------> 0.5srwhp / 50lbs = 0.0100 horsepower per pound

The 400ex puts out 29HP. Here is a big list of ratings. It's not all the machines but alot of them. New and old.

1. Suzuki Quadzilla LT500 ---------> 51srwhp / 390lbs = 0.1308 horsepower per pound

2. Cannondale Cannibal -------------> 38srwhp / 375lbs = 0.1013 horsepower per pound

3. Yamaha Banshee ------------------> 37srwhp / 386lbs = 0.0959 horsepower per pound

4. Suzuki QuadRacer 250R --------> 31srwhp / 327lbs = 0.0948 horsepower per pound

5. Kawasaki Tecate 4 ----------------> 33srwhp / 339lbs = 0.0944 horsepower per pound

6. Honda 250R --------------------------> 31srwhp / 329lbs = 0.0942 horsepower per pound

7. Yamaha Raptor 660R -------------> 35srwhp / 399lbs = 0.0877 horsepower per pound

8. Suzuki Z400 / Kawasaki X400 -> 32srwhp / 370lbs = 0.0865 horsepower per pound

9. Bombardier DS650 BAJA --------> 39srwhp / 475lbs = 0.0821 horsepower per pound

10. Honda 400EX -----------------------> 29srwhp / 374lbs = 0.0775 horsepower per pound

11. Polaris Sport 400 ------------------> 34srwhp / 481lbs = 0.0707 horsepower per pound

12. Polaris Scrambler 500 2WD ---> 35srwhp / 523lbs = 0.0669 horsepower per pound

13. Yamaha Blaster --------------------> 20srwhp / 320lbs = 0.0625 horsepower per pound

14. Yamaha Warrior -------------------> 21srwhp / 397lbs = 0.0529 horsepower per pound

15. Honda 300EX -----------------------> 17srwhp / 377lbs = 0.0451 horsepower per pound

16. Kawasaki Mojave -----------------> 17srwhp / 379lbs = 0.0449 horsepower per pound

17. Honda 250X -------------------------> 15srwhp / 351lbs = 0.0427 horsepower per pound

18. Honda 250EX -----------------------> 13srwhp / 349lbs = 0.0372 horsepower per pound

19. Suzuki QuadSport 230 ----------> 11srwhp / 309lbs = 0.0356 horsepower per pound

20. Wal-Mart PowerWheels ---------> 0.5srwhp / 50lbs = 0.0100 horsepower per pound

Is this real world hp and not manufactures glory boy stats .

i think my next ride's goin to be the power wheels....the barbie powerwheels....

jeep.jpg

screw the trx....the jeeps hotter:laugh::laugh::biggrin:

They seem pretty accurate, some them seem low to be from the manufacture. I know that the CR500 puts out 62HP. I can see a 500cc motor losing about 10HP in the transfer from a bike to a quad. That's what makes the TRX250 prototype amazing or hard to believe. They claim they loss little to no power in the transfer.

That is stock. I would like to know what my LT 250R is putting out not with the mods on it.

I would also like to know what was done to my friends Scrambler 400 to get it to almost 100 hp.

I know they bored it and I am sure changed the clutch but it is so scary fast. 34 to 90 something hp is

a big jump.

i know where there is a place to buy mods to get it to like 80hp.

aaen performance..

they can get my trailblazer to 42hp lol

from 22.

I'm wondering what my Tri-z will be putting out when i get it fixed. I found a place that is gonna do port and polish and mill the head. I would almost bet it was putting out at least low to mid 50's before and there's no telling what its gonna do when i start running better gas with a slightly bigger piston ports and head mill, its gonna be crazy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

That is cool!!! A little pricey but cool. :bravo:

pricey for sure, awesome none the less.

you better be careful on it!!!!!! we don't need the next picture you add to your page to be of you with a cast!!!!

I have that magazine laying around somewhere.I thought it was a cool article;but it made me feel bad that a 250 could have as much or more power as my 400.I read somewhere that with a few simple mods the 450R will put out around 50 hp.I'm not sure of the truth in that though.I'd like to know the power to weight ratio of the KTM 525 quad and the Kawi Prairie 650.Something else I'd like to see in the future is a stock oem turbo UTV or ATV.I think forced induction is awesome

Yeah, it did a little bit. Back to the 250R, I just read that the main thing holding Honda back from releasing the 250 is cost. The 250 has generally been an entry level quad, kid friendly(against man. recommendation) and cheap in cost. They would have to sell this one around the cost of the 400ex. I think it would beat a 400ex.

bahaha, they seem about equal, from what I've read and heard everyone say on here....I know alot of the old 250r parts fit 400ex's....so would it be safe to say that the 400ex is just the 250r's younger sibling?

The 400ex is the baby sister of the old 250R. The one I'm speaking of is a 4 wheel version the CRF250. Not the entry level shaft driven machine they have now. This is a 30HP race machine. Adjustable shocks all around, liquid cooled. Pure sport!

did they release concept art?

400ex parts fitting 250r and vice versa...:confused:

sounds weird..

a 250 two stroke and a 400 four stroke seem like they would be WAYYY different..