Quantcast

ATV Thing is addicting!

The last statement is absolutely correct, getting people to sell there quads for less then they want because it’s not running or for whatever reason.  Also finding that barn find type quad that’s just been sitting and was left for dead.   

Me personally I would not get into any of the mechanics that you mention. Way to costly and time consuming.

My view is there are a ton of people out there that would spend $1200 -$2000 on a quad because they can’t spend more then that. I have sold quite a few without one problem to date because I go through it with a fine tooth comb and wouldn’t sell it if I felt otherwise. 

But we can debate that all day. 

Speaking of barn finds, I may have stumbled upon a HUGE barn find this weekend. Multiple toys in this one just covered in dust. It looks like someone put this stuff away and left it for a few years. 

Pictures to follow soon if I can get the deal done. 

12 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

The last statement is absolutely correct, getting people to sell there quads for less then they want because it’s not running or for whatever reason.  

Yep and that's what I have a problem with.  I can talk people down a little, but then I start feeling like I'm ripping them off.  I know how it feels to be on the other end trying to sell something for a fair price.  I'm more likely to feel sorry for someone and give them their price than I am to get a screaming deal.

Also finding that barn find type quad that’s just been sitting and was left for dead.   

Yes it's the thrill of the hunt.  I can relate to that.

Me personally I would not get into any of the mechanics that you mention. Way to costly and time consuming.

Yes but I enjoy mechanics.  I don't like it as much as I used to because it's like the same work over and over.  But when I was younger it was all about learning.

Speaking of barn finds, I may have stumbled upon a HUGE barn find this weekend. Multiple toys in this one just covered in dust. It looks like someone put this stuff away and left it for a few years. 

Pictures to follow soon if I can get the deal done. 

I'd like to find a Big Red trike in excellent condition.

22 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

Well I have one an 87 big red in decent  shape. Wish you were close Bc I would probably give it to you.

Ah thanks man!  Yeah if we lived close we could help each other out.  Sounds like you'd make a good friend!  I just want something to knock the berm down in the middle of my trails.  Is the 87 the 250 or 200?  Does it have the high/low ranges?

22 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

I finalized my barn find toady.  Not the typical find but def a goodie! Pics to follow. 

Can't wait to see what this is going to be.  Like an episode of American Pickers lol

I rarely put that much into my finds, In order to make any money you have to buy them cheap and watch your costs.

Hell I even figure out the gas spent to look at some if its worth it or not. Now if it was my personal one that I was keeping

I can see spending more than planned.  So where are the pics of your barn find? I assume was a good deal. Im after one probably

tomorrow but a long drive and not sure if worth the effort. Pics to follow. Az

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance. 

• By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker 

• By Uglyside38
      I have a 1988 Quadrunner 250 2wd. My brother in law sold it to my son for $20...had been sitting outside for several years. Got it home and had it running in about 30 mins. Ran it a bit and then went to looking at the carb as it was having trouble idling. Was getting it pretty close, then started losing spark...Also, it wouldn't start up every time...only about 1 in 5 tries. Anyway...now, it has what I can only describe as "intermittent" spark. I can get 1 light spark right when the start button is pressed and sometimes one when it's released...but none while cranking. 🤷‍♂️

I have replaced the spark plug, ignition coil/wire, and traced wires best I can. I noticed a couple frayed wires at the pickup coil where it enters the case. So, now I have the cover off, stator and pickup coil out and trying to test the coil. I do have about 114 ohms resistance for pickup best I can tell. And I can read minute voltage when I drag a magnet across it. Could it still be bad? Can a bad ignition switch/button cause this? (I did have the switch off to oil the choke cable)...pulling rope makes no difference though...any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!! It's the intermittent part that's throwing me off! 

• By Mhatayas
      My uncle bought a Baja 250, 2006. Knew there was no spark since the get go. He don't know anything about quads so is getting me to help him try to get it running...

battery is bad so I connected battery charger to it to crank it over , cranks over well , but no spark .... 
      Lights and everything work fine , but with each crank over using the e start switch , the display reads 999 888 777 666 ... Right down to 000 and repeats itself . 

He managed to get a parts bike , I changed over the CDI and the coil and the stator from the parts bike and there was another black box by the voltage regulator I changed over ... I used my multimeter to confirm as much as I could works , it's hard without knowing which wires are which , and I cannot find any diagrams online for this bike ? 

Do you think it could be the Killswitch? There's so many wires coming from there I don't know where to start . Also I should mention it appears the fan on the front of the bike has been taken off (the wires have been cut too ) 

If this bike sparked it would run . The previous owner said he parked it one day and it just wouldn't start after.