Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Lildaisygrl18

may need new frame :o(

Things arent looking good for my frame. The steering bearing retainer nut wont budge despite efforts made by machine shops , garages with impact wrenches, and our own efforts causing us to break a 1/2 inch breaker bar and a socket wrench. SOOOOO it appears i am goin to need a new frame. so the ebay search has started. :aargh::aargh::aargh: I have gotten discouraged beyond belief but i know my honey will help me as much as he can, i think his encouragment is dwindled as well. I was sooo excited about this quad and now it just seems it has caused me more stress than it has fun. :no: BUT when its done its gonna be my baby.

The only way to save the frame is to cut the bolt out risking ruining the threads, in which case we would be welding a new bolt in and hopin that we dont need to replace the bearing ever again, i will keep u all updated. :aargh::aargh::aargh::no::no:

Are there any machine shops, and or race car builders in your area? They should be able to help you and resolve the problem one way or another.. and or a welding and steel fabrication shop

Chris

Things arent looking good for my frame. The steering bearing retainer nut wont budge despite efforts made by machine shops , garages with impact wrenches, and our own efforts causing us to break a 1/2 inch breaker bar and a socket wrench. SOOOOO it appears i am goin to need a new frame. so the ebay search has started. :aargh::aargh::aargh: I have gotten discouraged beyond belief but i know my honey will help me as much as he can, i think his encouragment is dwindled as well. I was sooo excited about this quad and now it just seems it has caused me more stress than it has fun. :no: BUT when its done its gonna be my baby.

The only way to save the frame is to cut the bolt out risking ruining the threads, in which case we would be welding a new bolt in and hopin that we dont need to replace the bearing ever again, i will keep u all updated. :aargh::aargh::aargh::no::no:

Are there any machine shops, and or race car builders in your area? They should be able to help you and resolve the problem one way or another.. and or a welding and steel fabrication shop

Chris

yeah we called a few today and they say they are to busy to work on stuff like this. Also i think it will cost more to have it machined than it would to buy a frame, still weighing our options though.

yeah we called a few today and they say they are to busy to work on stuff like this. Also i think it will cost more to have it machined than it would to buy a frame, still weighing our options though.
Do you have a custom motor cycle shop around there ? They should be able to fix that problem. Repair cost should be cheaper to fix than replace. unless you go to OCC.

Where are you located?? I could find a place down this way who would do it.. Lower Hudson valley

wow, we've had to weld quite a few things lately on the wheelers...it may just be your best option if you're not wanting to spend a lot of money...but keep checking, you might just get lucky. and you've got great advice givers on here....

TRY THIS PLACE,(

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.
) IT'S THE MIDWEST'S LARGEST SALVAGE YARD.

Where are you located?? I could find a place down this way who would do it.. Lower Hudson valley

Im in the mechanicville area. just south of saratoga springs

:cute: This girl is smilin ear to ear right now and so is my man. He was able to cut the bolt and then use a air chisel to knock the bolt and out it came. The threads are intact and the bearing is out :yes::yes: My wheeler project is back on tract now and im so excited. I new my man could fix it all for me. Now i wont need a new frame and the painting begins this week. More pics will be up soon . Thanks to all for their suggestions.:cute:

Heres the friggin nut. A week of heat, penetrating oil, broken tools, and alot of stress.......it took its tole.....and we won. The bolts time of death 9 pm on april 13, 2008 :cute::wink:

IMG_3489.jpg

did you try heat?

Well dang I didn't think of that. ;)

Problem with this little bastard is it's location. you can't get any thing into it. Machine shops don't want to touch it because you can't get a Lathe to it. Would have loved to have had that option - but truth is it'd cost more to have a machine shop get this thing out then to ebay a new frame. Which is the route I feared we may have been going.

So I tried a last ditch effort to persuade this nut it wanted to come out and it did. But I didn't use heat this time, just a die grinder with a dremel attachment and an air hammer (what a sweet little air tool)

YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :) I can't wait to get back on the net after our move and see some more pictures!!!! Glad everything's working out for ya...I told ya, sometimes you just need to cry swear and throw some tools, but at the end, when you're looking at a finished product, it'll all be worth it!!!

lol...i try to get away from it if i'm pissed off because usually when I get frustrated, I put more aggression into it and end up busting my knuckles or something.

I had to learn the hard way. Hope nothing like that happened to you lildaisyyyy :)