Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Nick Brooks

2002 Bombardier Quest 500 Fuel Tank Grommets

Working on a 2002 Quest 500 and the grommets in the tank are rock hard and leak.  Any tips on replacing without having to pull the tank, hands are too big to get to the bottom gromment which is the worst one.

Yeah I did end up pulling the tank.  Worked out for the best, the fuel line had dissolved inside the tank, and the filters were rolling around the bottom.   

I did have to use the heat gun to soften the grommets up enough to push into the tank.  Used a little dow 111 to help slide them in.  Cleaned the carb and re-installed it today.  Replaced a couple of the fuel lines, previous owner probably used ethanol gas in it, they were rock hard as well.

• Like 1

Quick and dirty video of it running decent finally.  Re-jetted the carb this afternoon, got rid of the sea level jetting.  It ran, just now that it's warmed up it would run rich again.  Was fine when it was still cold. 

• Like 1

Thanks, it's been a real challenge to get this dialed in.  Turned out the carb was missing the needle jet from the factory.  Took a bit to track that gremlin down.

• Like 1

Yep but i bet you learned something out of that and it sure will help the next member along.  Also very rewarding to see that thing run the right way.   Nice work.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Angerano said:

Yep but i bet you learned something out of that and it sure will help the next member along.  Also very rewarding to see that thing run the right way.   Nice work.   

For sure, It's been a journey on this one.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.