Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Nick Brooks

2002 Bombardier Quest 500 Fuel Tank Grommets

Working on a 2002 Quest 500 and the grommets in the tank are rock hard and leak.  Any tips on replacing without having to pull the tank, hands are too big to get to the bottom gromment which is the worst one.

Yeah I did end up pulling the tank.  Worked out for the best, the fuel line had dissolved inside the tank, and the filters were rolling around the bottom.   

I did have to use the heat gun to soften the grommets up enough to push into the tank.  Used a little dow 111 to help slide them in.  Cleaned the carb and re-installed it today.  Replaced a couple of the fuel lines, previous owner probably used ethanol gas in it, they were rock hard as well.

• Like 1

Quick and dirty video of it running decent finally.  Re-jetted the carb this afternoon, got rid of the sea level jetting.  It ran, just now that it's warmed up it would run rich again.  Was fine when it was still cold. 

• Like 1

Thanks, it's been a real challenge to get this dialed in.  Turned out the carb was missing the needle jet from the factory.  Took a bit to track that gremlin down.

• Like 1

Yep but i bet you learned something out of that and it sure will help the next member along.  Also very rewarding to see that thing run the right way.   Nice work.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Angerano said:

Yep but i bet you learned something out of that and it sure will help the next member along.  Also very rewarding to see that thing run the right way.   Nice work.   

For sure, It's been a journey on this one.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Brock Kincaid
      Ok so just picked up an 02 ds 650 and the guy said he couldn't get it to start. He had a shop put new shims in it and I had them checked and they were ok now things I've done is new plugs even though guy had just put new plugs in it.. got new carb 42mm just like the one that was on it.. bought new intake manifold because the one that was on it someone got way to tweaked out and ported the shit out of it excuse my language but yeah so installed new intake manifold and it just won't start like its not getting enough fuel.  Timing seems to be right it does fire every now and again but just barely.. did a compression test today and it was at 90psi.. i know thats low but don't know where I'm losing compression.. valves we at .06 and .07 when checked im lost ive tried everything I know and can't figure it out
    • By Nick Brooks
      View File 2002 Bombardier Quest 650, 650 XT Service Manual
      2002 Bombardier Quest 650, 650 XT Service Manual
      Submitter Nick Brooks Submitted 01/01/2020 Category Can-Am BRP ATV  
    • By Nick Brooks
      2002 Bombardier Quest 650, 650 XT Service Manual
    • By Mark&rocket
      I have a Bombardier, Year 2000, DS 650.  The Pn. Stamped into the FRONT SHOCK is: 706 200 081.  They have been discontinued by Bombardier and i cant seem to find cost effective replacements.  I am not looking for a racing type replacement, just somthing that will work properly.  can anyone help me out and validate that a shock from a model year 2002 or 2003 work on my machine.
      thanks in advance
      Mark
    • By jnahnet
      Fuel line hose has a pinprick hole. And tips, suggestions or warnings about how to change it out would be appreciated.