Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2000 Kawasaki Bayou 300 Battery Start Circuit Relay

Mike Johnson

That is your start circuit relay. Should have two black wires, one brown and one light green.   The brown should  have 12v power with the key on. The light green wire is ground and comes from the lower left side of the motor where the shifter is. Light green and red wires go into the engine. They go to your neutral safety switch.  The lever inside when in neutral grounds the light green wire so the relay now gets positive from the brown and negative  (ground) from the neutral safety switch. Once the relay has power it connects the two black wires on the relay allowing the start button to work. 

• Like 1

Great reply, thank you very much. The thing ran great as long as I rode it, then got my Quadmaster going and stopped riding it. It got rained on a few times, so when I tried to crank it last week I got nothing, no neutral light, wouldn't turn over Nada. I ordered a new solenoid thinking that was it, it arrives today. So I will use your info and see what happens. Another issue I have with the Quadmaster but will start a new thread for it, maybe you will have a answer for that as well. Thanks again.

• Ajmboy changed the title to 2000 Kawasaki Bayou 300 Battery Start Circuit Relay