mikenacarato

New from Nashville

19 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm Mike from Nashville, TN. Just picked up a 2001 Yamaha Blaster 200 and this thing is a blast to ride! just wanted to drop in and say hey. One issue i have run into is the pads need to be changed. What is a good performance company to get pads from?

Thanks!!

-Mike

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Hi Mike!!!! I live in Old Hickory right now...but tomorrow my husband and I are moving back to NY :) Wish we coulda got to know each other sooner....maybe catch a trail together or something..

but if you're looking for brake pads...DP or EBC brake pads are great...if you're not looking to spend a whole lot, you can snag the Tusk brand off of Rocky Mountain, which are just as good in my opinion, just a newer brand...you can find Tusk and EBC here:

Brakes | Brakes | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Hope that helps :)

Thanks on the brake info!!

I'm really looking for places to trail ride. A friend and myself have made about a miles worth of trails in the woods in the back of his house, but of course we get used to them. If you know of any good places to go let me know.

Thanks again for the info!

-Mike

ebay.

got mine, full set for 30$

Are you just getting into riding?? They have a great harescrambles racing series here, it's called Mid-South and you can visit the website here:

MSHSS, Inc. Cross Country Motorsports Racing

We raced that series here, had a blast...sometimes the promoters for the races will let people ride their land as long as they sign a waiver....I've heard Summertown's ok for riding, more for like jeeps and that kind of stuff though...when it re-opens, Wooly's Offroad's a good place to go for trails....Don't waste your time going to Honda Hills, it's close and all, but unless they do some work on their mini motocross track and in their trails, it's not really worth the drive out there.

Hope all of that helps.

Hi, I'm Mike from Nashville, TN. Just picked up a 2001 Yamaha Blaster 200 and this thing is a blast to ride! just wanted to drop in and say hey. One issue i have run into is the pads need to be changed. What is a good performance company to get pads from?

Thanks!!

-Mike

Welcome to QUADCRAZY!!!

Welcome Mike!

thanks everyone for your replies! This is the first Quad I've owned. I've been riding my friend's Honda 300ex for a while though, and alse the slow but reliable Honda ATC90! I do love adding aftermarket parts to things especially if it has an engine, so any help with that would be awesome too.

Thanks!

-Mike

Welcome mike, There are tons of aftermarket part out there. What do you want to do first? I recommend starting with exhaust.

Hello Mike! Welcome to the site! You will love it here!

well it already has a bills pipe on it. is that a good exhaust?

Welcome Mike! I am in Hendersonville. We ride mostly at Wooly's Offroad but it is closed right now for environmental repairs. Glad to see a neighbor on Quad Crazy. Rocky Mountain ATV has brake pads and great prices. I have alway been happy with them.

I've never heard anything bad. In my eyes no news is good news. People don't really speak of the good stuff, just the bad.

Hey You Guys Whats New? I Have Been Interested In An Atv Ever Since I Rode With My Cousin Last Summer On His Ranch But I Dont Know What Size Engine I Should Get From Yamaha. I Have Rode The Grizzly 700 And I Loved It.

If There Is Anyone Who Can Recommend A Yamaha Atv For A 300 Lb. Male That Loves To Go Fast On The Trails

Welcome to QUADCRAZZZYY

:aargh::cute::yes::wink::huh::biggrin::wink:

Hi mikenacarato, Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

If There Is Anyone Who Can Recommend A Yamaha Atv For A 300 Lb. Male That Loves To Go Fast On The Trails

Welcome JEFFWOODSMAN! I would look at anything over 660 CC...maybe in the 700 - 750 range. Kawasaki Brute Force, Suzuki King Quad, Yamaha Grizzly...

Jeff I would go with something 500cc and up. I guess it depends on if you want a utility or sport quad.

Hi mikenacarato, Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

Welcome JEFFWOODSMAN! I would look at anything over 660 CC...maybe in the 700 - 750 range. Kawasaki Brute Force, Suzuki King Quad, Yamaha Grizzly...

:yes:+1 on the Brute Force....It is an amazing machine since it went EFI....It will carry a 300 lb man and keep his mind strung out on the edge of sanity:yes:I should know, we have a 2008 and you have to have your mind right before you ever fire it up. If your gonna go fast when you start it up, you better be ready. If you want to putt putt around with the family, it will do that too...again...+1 on the Brute Force