Quantcast

Lost trails anyone?

Ill be going there in April sometime. I don't ride much in the winter since its ski season. My first planned ride there probably wouldn't be of interest to you since I will be going to do more exploring the riding. Last year I started mapping out the water works that brought water down from the lakes to the gravity plane steam engines. Some areas are grown in and cannot be walked or mapped. I plan to fly my drone over the areas taking pictures to fill in the missing areas I hope to make a map of the water line in comparison to the gravity planes.

Later on I will be going there just to ride, once the growth comes back in which will make exploring impossible.

Mike

Lost Trails is practically my back yard so I know the area well. All my machines are good to go, in the spring is when I do the most maintenance work on them to get them ready for riding season.  Some artifacts I found in the area I posted on my website here:

https://www.nepaview.com/pcc-artifacts.html

Last year, I donated two sections of strap rail to Steamtown National Historic Site for them to put on display.

Mike

The shackle was part of the cabling system that hoisted the cars up the incline plane. There is a series of historical pictures I had permission to post on my website, but all of the pictures are from after they converted to T-rail. Lost trail is only one of very few places where I can use my quad for exploring (which is handy to carry extra gear)

I bought the drone a few months ago to help in abandoned railroad exploring, being able to photograph areas I cannot reach. Plus to have some fun.

And yes, that is why my username is "mikeexplorer" 😁

This is what I have on the gravity railroad. Planes 10 and 11 are within Lost Trails property, the rest is not.

I have given tours of the gravity planes with a group of hikers who also like to photograph abandoned railroads, Plane 9 is a short walk from the property boundary.

https://www.nepaview.com/pcc-gravity-railroad.html

Edited by mikeexplorer