Quantcast

Dark and Stormy Night

Thanks Quadnut ... glad you enjoyed the video. They haven't closed our riding areas as of yet, but because our local temps have been so warm, all the snow down low has melted. So I can't get to the snow up high.

I was able to get one more ride in after this on 22 Mar, but my snow season is over now.

And spending money to get the 450 to go faster can be a challenge too, because some of the parts companies have closed for now & shipping times are also an issue. Sure will be nice when this virus thing is over. And I sure it can be too !!

Take Care Quadnut & Stay Safe !!

On 4/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, Gunny said:

Thanks Quadnut ... glad you enjoyed the video. They haven't closed our riding areas as of yet, but because our local temps have been so warm, all the snow down low has melted. So I can't get to the snow up high.

I was able to get one more ride in after this on 22 Mar, but my snow season is over now.

And spending money to get the 450 to go faster can be a challenge too, because some of the parts companies have closed for now & shipping times are also an issue. Sure will be nice when this virus thing is over. And I sure it can be too !!

Take Care Quadnut & Stay Safe !!

Our mountains are off limits to anyone unless u live there ! Ill tear the 450 down and check everything out and get it ready for late spring early summer riding !! Ill be headed to wyoming for some sand riding in May  !!  Ive been thinking about gettin a 4x4 quad lately but not sure which one I like !!

• Like 1

WOW ... the mountains are off limits ?? That's crazy !! Of course, people just can't stop from grouping into large crowds, so .........

Where you headed in Wyo ?? You might run into some snow if you're going up high.

Well ... if you're gonna get a quad ........ I like Can-Am's ......... so ............... HAHAHAHA !!!

13 hours ago, Gunny said:

WOW ... the mountains are off limits ?? That's crazy !! Of course, people just can't stop from grouping into large crowds, so .........

Where you headed in Wyo ?? You might run into some snow if you're going up high.

Well ... if you're gonna get a quad ........ I like Can-Am's ......... so ............... HAHAHAHA !!!

We go to Killpecker sand dunes about 35 miles north of Rock Springs out in the red desert !! Super fun area to play at !! 

dunes 2016.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quadnut20 said:

We go to Killpecker sand dunes about 35 miles north of Rock Springs out in the red desert !! Super fun area to play at !! 

Yeah, I use to go there a long time ago ... here's a photo of my Banshee at St. Anthony Idaho ... WOO HOO !!!

My Bike.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

That thing looks like a beast! Extended swing arm ? 
Love the cooler on a dune bike! 

OH YEAH ... I made the custom 6 inch longer swingarm. I had high compression pistons, with custom adjustable dome heads, the 6gal aluminum desert tank so I could get out to Choke Cherry & Devils Dune without having to worry about not having enough fuel. Even with small 1 1/2 gal gas cans, we ran out of fuel a few times ... WHAT !?!? ... When you're having fun fuel flows like water ..... HAHAHAHA !!!

I also had Turner pipes, twin 34mm tuned carbs, and all kinds of mods. My friends ran on alcohol fuel, I didn't, just race gas .... ZOOM, ZOOM !!!

1 hour ago, quadnut20 said:

Alot of our friends with 4x4 quads bought sand tires for their machines and have a blast out there 

Sand tires are the ONLY way to go when riding sand. The front tires I had were some tires I had for dirt & I buffed all the tread off. I ran them year around, dirt, rocks or sand. They were awesome. The rear paddle tires I was careful with, but I ran them thru rocks & sage brush ... real slow like .... HAHAHAHA !!!

1 hour ago, quadnut20 said:

Love them Banshees St Anthonys is on my bucket list Also Little Sahara near Nephi Ill stay a my sisters house in S Salt Lake 

St Antony's is a freak'in blast ... or at least it use to be. My friends and I, when we all had sand machines, would run down to Little Sahara every weekend all year long. Yup, even in the winter. My wife use to go with me most of the time. But she wasn't as crazy about sand as I was back then. And we would go down just for the day. It's about 162 miles from my house, one way. We'd leave way early, stop in Tooele for breakfast & then drive down to Sand Mountain. Race around all day & then drive back in the dark. Use to be some fun times, let me tell you. YEAH BUDDY !!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gunny said:

St Antony's is a freak'in blast ... or at least it use to be. My friends and I, when we all had sand machines, would run down to Little Sahara every weekend all year long. Yup, even in the winter. My wife use to go with me most of the time. But she wasn't as crazy about sand as I was back then. And we would go down just for the day. It's about 162 miles from my house, one way. We'd leave way early, stop in Tooele for breakfast & then drive down to Sand Mountain. Race around all day & then drive back in the dark. Use to be some fun times, let me tell you. YEAH BUDDY !!!

Sand Mt Is about 1hr 45 min from my sisters house in Sandy ill probably do it this fall !! Killpecker Wy is about 6 hrs from me in denver but Ill stay 5 days Ive been going to KP for about 16 years or so !!

9 minutes ago, quadnut20 said:

Sand Mt Is about 1hr 45 min from my sisters house in Sandy ill probably do it this fall !! Killpecker Wy is about 6 hrs from me in denver but Ill stay 5 days Ive been going to KP for about 16 years or so !!

I've only been to the Rock Springs sand dunes 3 or 4 times. I use to go with a cousin of mine & her husband. But they got a divorce a long time ago & I never went back after that.

He had a Suzuki Quadzilla 500 & we would race each other all day long. I went with two son-in-laws once. They had motorcycles, Honda CR500's, with paddle tires. Man those things would rip. Anyway, one time one of them was jumping a dune, when the spotter told him not to, and landed on the front end of my Banshee. I could of shot the SOB ... but we were both OK & were able to get both machines running again in pretty short order & the craziness ...... Ah ........... I mean ..... Fun ........... continued !!!

And you thought I was a mellow fellow didn't ya !! .... HAHAHAHA !!! In my youth I use to scare the living hell out of the wife .......... WOO HOO !!! Peg the Throttle & Hang On Sweetie !!!