Quantcast

My Quad Overhaul....

Well just got my govt handout and bought an ac full skid , brake pads, and oil filter. Will be purchasing a new stearing stem and gas tank cover soon as well. Havent had much time or warm enough weather to finish the painting this past week, the frame is done. clear coated and everything. pictures to come soon. Still need to paint the A arms and then back together it goes. Still need to get the stuck head bolts out the engine though, but its comin along.:yes:

Here are some more pics everyone..........

Over the weekend we cleaned up and acetoned the A-arms and the axle carrier....

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

We also washed the frame up a bit and got some pics of the final paint coat with clear coat.......

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

We also put the new chain rollers on and put the new steering bearing in with the retainer nut.....as you can see the frame is already dusty even though we just cleaned it ......

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

Tonight we put primer on the A arms and the axle carrier, we will paint them tomorrow.

STAY TUNED KIDs FOR MORE PICS :yes::yes::biggrin:

Well this weekend we did quite a bit. Got the a-arms painted and put on, got my new steering stem in. Got my grab bar polished and put on as well. Also painted the axle carrier. Everything is getting extra grease this time around......:rolleyes::yes:

New steering stem

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

Axle carrier

IMG_3599.jpg

A-arms hanging after paint

IMG_3600.jpg

Polished the grab bar

IMG_3613.jpg

We already chipped the paint oops

IMG_3616.jpg

A arms mounted

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

As usual more pics to come. We have alot more to do ......

Well as you can see from the pictures below we did alot this weekend, pretty much a rolling chassis. Did alot of cleaning, polishing, and painting. Havent tackled the motor yet. OOOO an I got an early birthday present from my honey.....my pro taper mid bend bars :yes: So whatcha all think of the color scheme??? :biggrin::wink:

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_37691.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

Since you now have a rolling chassis and I know you are dying to ride, have you had your man push you down the street and yell BRAAAAAP!:laugh:

It so funny u said that because Zac was jokin last night about that, he said he will toe me around the yard with his quad and i can make vraaaaappppp noises. hahaha :laugh::yes:

• 2 weeks later...

warriorchassis_3_.jpg

warriorchassis.jpg

warriorchassis_1_.jpg

warriorchassis_2_.jpg

Got the front brakes on/bled. Got the chassis rolling. Put on the a-arm covers and shock covers from dirt skins. Tore the motor apart - need to order some parts and get the cylinder to a machine shop. We are gonna go with a Wiseco high compression piston probably go 1mm over.

We r going to fully assemble the the whole chassis, then tear it back apart to slip the motor in. This guy should be fully finish in a couple weeks. :yes::wink::biggrin: New tires are comin sometime this summer but right now just wanna ride.

Did a lot of cleaning of parts, sorting out misc nuts and bolts. Need to do another OEM order for some misc mounting hardware that we forgot the first few times . Then we took him for a spin in the yard :yes: It doesnt have alot of get up and go with its current one man power motor (Zac pushed me around ) LOL!

We put everything together now just to make sure everything fits and works so when the head comes back we can get it all together quick.

Getting the chassis together, still got a lot to do. But it's nearly ready to have a motor thrown in :) Right now the top end is getting machined for the new piston. Goin from 83mm bore to a 83.5 with a 10.25:1 high comp piston.

warrior_1_1.jpg

warrior_10_.jpg

warrior_2_1.jpg

warrior_5_1.jpg

warrior_3_1.jpg

warrior_6_1.jpg

Below is Zacs creative thinking :) Lightly polished, made to look brush to match the rear suspension bladder and axle.

warrior_8_.jpg

warrior_9_.jpg

Foot rest and nerfs bolted up. I'm wishing I cut off the mounts for the rear heal guard. We're not going to get any to put on, this looks much cleaner then with them.

warrior_7_.jpg

warrior1.jpg

warrior_8_.jpg

warrior_11_.jpg

I cleaned up the headlights and we're going to get the new plastic covers for it since a few of the honey combs are broke/missing. Havn't put them on because they're all apart. Just waiting for the head and cylinder to come back and a few misc nuts and bolts to order and he should be rideable soon !!!!!!