Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

My dad has that '96 Suburban i always talk about..

he has decided to do some things..

here are some pics taken TODAY.

SIDE:

2uzw2o7.jpg

FRONT:

2vmy0ch.jpg

BACK:

ixtdhy.jpg

LIGHTS:

spvf9g.jpg

THE 20''s:

j9363a.jpg

this is whats already done:

Taillights

Thrush Exhaust

20'' Rims

What is going to be done:

Paint [like a deep purpleish red.]

Lowered 2''

SS 'Burb decals

and whatever else we feel like.

BTW we just dropped it off to paint.

EDIT:

and i know this has nothing to do with quads but its fun to post stuff like this. [projects]

That's a cool project TB.I have a '96 Caprice project that I'm slowly trying to convert to an Impala SS clone/hot street/strip/auto x car.If/when you start doing engine mods you should check out PCMforless.com .It's a company that reprograms the pcm for mods like gear/tire size changes,cam changes,bigger injectors,etc.Has your Dad had any transmission problems yet?My car has had the trans rebuilt twice and lots of fuel pump problems.I hope to completly rebuild the suspension along with lowering springs,aftermarket control arms,sway bars,etc this summer.

What is going to be done[/u]:

Paint [like a deep purpleish red.]

Lowered 2''

SS 'Burb decals

Looks like it is a Fun Project.....But why in world would you LOWER a 4X4???? I do believe this is the first time I have ever heard of anyone doing this.....

If BuckBilly saw this there would be Corn Flyin out of his mouth:aargh::laugh::realmad::wink:

Love ya Billy!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

yes i said before [proves you people dont pay attention] new duals might be coming.

not anything HUGE like a supercharger but enough.

just quit breakin balls.

if you dont have anything nice to say about what were doing.

then just dont take the time to type it.

its not a place to bash anything.

we dont mean SS like "OMG ITS LIKE AN SS ZOMG IT MUCT DO LIKE 297423!!?!"

they just odnt make a tahoe/suburban SS and its fun to do custom paint,ss rims,hood, couple of performance parts and call it SS for fun.

SO, if you have anything negetive.

pm me.

noone wants to see you bash stuff.

i supose your gonna go to my quad thread and bash that too right?

trailblazer, I'm not trying to be an a-hole about this. I'm not trying to bust your balls. I was just stating my opinion...if you don't like it, you don't have to acknowledge it...

To me, SS means it has a lot of performance to back up the looks. Exhaust and intake don't qualify as big-time performance in my book. However, I'm a big-time car and truck enthusiast (Jeeps and Tahoes in particular), so it takes a lot more to convince me or to gain my liking than it would the more common person. If you and your dad like your Suburban, that's all that matters. If it were up to me, I would change a few things, but this is your project, so have fun and make it how you want...there's nothing better than saying "I designed/built it myself."

And for the record, I was NOT going to bash your quad. I'm behind you on that project, it seems like it's a great learning process and a ton of fun as well.

Ok people.... :policeman: Let's take a deep breath and let it out slowly! Everyone has a right to post opinions, after all that's why you posted this project, right TB? I am begining to feel like I am in a preschool with all the :cry: hurt feelings going around on this site... :huh::confused: Let's have a group hug and if you don't like what someone said, ignore it! Bashing only works if it gets a response...

whoa whoa whoa sorry did not mean to upset. and no i went to ur quad thread and said it was an awesome atv, cause that paint is pretty fricken sick. So stop getting defensive i just stated an opinion if i knew i would piss u off i would have never said it.... So im sorry TB

dude its ok were all cool here.

im just saying.

most of the SS's have V6s anyway. [edit: let me take that back. the new ss has a 6.0 liter ls2.]

we have a Vortec V8 in this sucker.

that alone makes it about as powerful lol

it is custom paint btw.

you'll never see suburban like this one believe me lol.

no need to be srry im just a dick sometimes i cant help it =]

lol.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By marlon smith
      1990 kawasaki bayou 300c idles fine but pops out exhaust and intake when trying to excel, will not take throttle past 1/4 , any one had this problem?
      have replaced carb twice, same thing, fresh built engine cylinder head, same as before, new spark plug, flywheel key is good, pulser test good, good spark
    • By Params_sweden
      Hi!
      I got my KLF300 running again with your help a couple of months ago, at that time it was the ignition coil that had failed. It has been in use since then without issues until two weeks ago.
      When the new issue showed I was going at about 10km/h and it suddenly slowed to a halt. I started it again after that with choke and I drove it 400 meters and parked. Next time it was really hard to start, and since it was low on gas I thought that was the problem. It didn't get any better with a full tank, so I assumed it was the cold weather, and adjusted the pilot slightly.
      After that it I actually got it started again with full choke and some slight gas, I drove about 300 meters and then it slowed down to a halt again. After that, it hasn't started again.
      The compression is 165psi. The spark has good intensity, the ATV has functioned before with the same spark "intensity"/light. I *assume* that it has gas as well, there is definitely gas on the spark plug when I remove it
      I have checked the carburetor slightly, the float works, diaphragm looks ok, but I haven't disassembled it to really look for dust and such in all the small places.
      My theory right now is that it might've been some dust in the gas tank that went into the system, it's just a theory
      I'm thankful for all the help and pointers I can get, don't hesitate

/ Pär, Sweden

• By Jhb12686
      Hello I appreciate the welcome into the group. I am beyond frustrated with this desperate search for parts. I have a 2013 XY power sports UTV 300. I had a catastrophic failure in my rear differential which resulted in the destruction of almost everything inside. I have located everything I need to completely redo the rear end. But I cannot find a short side axle shaft with six splines etc. it's an offset differential and one shaft is longer than the other and I need the short one. The tip of it broke off (pic). Any help in getting another shaft for this thing would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys

• By 1998Zuki250
      I just got a 1998 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 I am restoring essentially. Post your pics of yours so I can reference anything in the rebuilding! Any pictures welcomed to include engine, wiring etc!!
    • By DayBreakJim
      Well, hello everyone. I figured I'd introduce myself with a post. I just turned 33 last month and today I officially quit my job to work on wheelers. I've been buying them broken for about 5 months now, fixing them and selling them for profit. I work on them in my garage and have been selling between 2-4 per month but it has been draining me while also working my full time job. I've slowly been accumulating the basic tools I need to get the jobs done. Nothing special, not a boatload of tools, money or skills. I taught myself through the years and finally got sick enough of working for the city as a sewer service worker to make the jump and quit. I was making 49k a year and now I'm fully relying on my income from repairing wheelers.
      I live with my gf and we have no kids yet so that helps. We live in a major city and it has gotten so bad now that we refuse to have kids and raise them here. There's no way we're putting them into the education system. We're determined to move to the country, buy land and start a homestead. My gf is building her virtual tutoring business teaching kids to read and doing awesome! I knew that this job was the last thing holding us here and I would have to lose it anyway if we're going to another state in the next 2 years so we decided now was the time. 
      So that brings me here!
      I hope I can share things that I'm learning and learn more from you guys! Also I know I'm going to be needing those service manuals sooner or later with how many wheelers I'm fixing. Any tips for us to get to our goals are extremely welcome!! We have no land in either of our families and not much money either so the task of doing all this alone is daunting.
      Nice to meet you all and wish us luck! The clock is ticking!
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content