Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1986 Suzuki LT quadrunner 230 GE Bogging out at full throtle

tjakes680

I have a 86 LT quadrunner 230 GE I had a post about high idle i couldnt fix well it was the boot so now its fixed but im bogging out on full throtle I think it may be throtle cable as i had to make adjustments to it because it was getting high revs when turning handle bars but now may have to much slack though it seems like its going up and down good on carb . Do you guys think its a carb issue or a throtle cable ? Idles perfectly but I will say i did put a carb on i had in shop OEM for this quad but i honestly dont know how clean it is I do have a chineese carb thats brand new i dont know why i just didnt use it but thats neither here or there Thanks in advance its been a few weeks of hell with this quad and its so close to being a beast again 

17 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Sounds to me it is leaning out  on full throttle. Possibly a carb passage plugged or possibly  carb floats set too low

I believe dirty carb i stupidly put a old carb on that i should have chked forst im going rebuild it tommorw or put a clean one on that i have im almost positve its that

• Admin changed the title to 1986 Suzuki LT quadrunner 230 GE Bogging out at full throtle
  • 4 months later...

Had issues with mine after I pulled it apart and cleaned it. Idled beautifuly, and revved up but would then die down and stall. Was doing my head in had the carby off five times and couldn’t work it out. Turned out I had mixed the choke jet and the main jet and had them the wrong way around. They are the same size to look at, but, the hole in the main jet is larger than the choke jet. Swapped them around and runs like a champion again. Hope that helps

thanks I kind of fixed it honestly it runs alot better had to change flange on engine side of carb and then changed all the air ducts from the air box out changed all fuel lines I want to say its fixed but it still does not run the way id like I have to change all the jets because Im really convinced that the jets i got on ebay from china are not the correct sizes even if they are marked as the correct size I have all new OEM jets just have not had time to swap them out prob will do it this week. Witch jet is the choke jet? I have it running pretty decent I clocked it about a week ago it did get up to 49 mph but it just does not feel right my problem is I have 2 4 wheelers and a dirt bike so its hard to remember how each one ran or runs especially when i haven't been riding the Suzuki much Thanks for input im going to chk i just not sure witch is choke jet 

You really should download a manual. If you look in the back of the manual it will have a supplement section where they describe all the differences in different years, and in those sections you may find a carby with the size jets you have..

If you are going to change jets, you need to change both the air and fuel metering jets, and slide needle and discharge tube.

2 hours ago, Mech said:

You really should download a manual. If you look in the back of the manual it will have a supplement section where they describe all the differences in different years, and in those sections you may find a carby with the size jets you have..

If you are going to change jets, you need to change both the air and fuel metering jets, and slide needle and discharge tube.

i have a manual I was just replacing old jets with newer ones but I feel the china rebuild kits many of the jets are wrong I got OEM jets from patrzilla just have not used them yet

2 hours ago, Mech said:

I have the quad running pretty good I think u helped me in the beginning of this post I basically replaced whole air and fuel system I just want to put the OEM jets back in and see if i can get to the point where im totally satisfied but its not bogging any more just feel it could have more power  

SDK777..  Up at the top of the page in "Downloads", there are manuals for free.

Tjakes.. It's important to match the whole carbies worth of jets at a time. They have different cut-away slides, discharge tubes, and needles, all of which are critical to the acceleration process. The idle jetting, both air and fuel, needs to match the combination of slide cutaway, discharge tube and needle you have. And the main jets, both air and fuel, need to be right for the emulsion tube and discharge tube for accelerating, and for full throttle mixture.. But not all the models of carby are going to be right at altitude or with inferior fuel or high or low temperatures etc. So...

If you're making up a carby, it's mostly easier to find a model in the specs that has the same body, with the same hose attachments, (and these can have vacuum ports with different/restricted bores, so watch out), and the same slide and needle that you are going to use, then match up recommended jets to suit. Then try it and adjust things as/if needed... Otherwise we can end up chasing our tails trying to rejet to compensate for a slide or emulsion tube that's not right, and buggering some other aspect of the running up doing it.

Check the supplements for differing carby specs... Build a carby to spec and it will probably run pretty good.

Edited by Mech

11 minutes ago, Mech said:

SDK777..  Up at the top of the page in "Downloads", there are manuals for free.

Tjakes.. It's important to match the whole carbies worth of jets at a time. They have different cut-away slides, discharge tubes, and needles, all of which are critical to the acceleration process. The idle jetting, both air and fuel, needs to match the combination of slide cutaway, discharge tube and needle you have. And the main jets, both air and fuel, need to be right for the emulsion tube and discharge tube for accelerating, and for full throttle mixture.. But not all the models of carby are going to be right at altitude or with inferior fuel or high or low temperatures etc. So...

If you're making up a carby, it's mostly easier to find a model in the specs that has the same body, with the same hose attachments, (and these can have vacuum ports with different/restricted bores, so watch out), and the same slide and needle that you are going to use, then match up recommended jets to suit. Then try it and adjust things as/if needed... Otherwise we can end up chasing our tails trying to rejet to compensate for a slide or emulsion tube that's not right, and buggering some other aspect of the running up doing it.

Check the supplements for differing carby specs... Build a carby to spec and it will probably run pretty good.

gottca I have the OEM carb that came with quad im going to change all the jets and use all ORm jets as replacements the exact ones from Mikuni so hopefully that heps I learned the hard way what ur talking about with the ebay rebuild kits im going to get on it this week ill post results