Guest Fox300exchic

Honda 300ex dies while riding...

Guest Fox300exchic

Today I went riding and towards the end of the day my quad kept dieing while I was riding it. Just riding like normal and it would start to back fire and then die. Do I need to clean my carb or what?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Water in your gas? Dirty Air Filter, id also check thos and yes your carb could be dirty.

I am not familiar with Hondas but my banshee had a similar problem and turned out to be the tors, so you may want to check the electrical components.

Guest Fox300exchic

Well, I think my carb is about due for a cleaning so Im going to clean that either way. Ill see what happens and check the other things. Thanks. :) I dont know about the wheel though. If everything thing else fails maybe Ill give that a whirl. LOL

The Tors is only a Throttle Over ride System that is supposed to protect your motor from over Revs....I dont think the 300EX has one....Banshee, Blaster do I know....

Anyway,,,,When was the last time you adjusted your Valves and Timed it????

You need proper timing, proper valve adjustment , compression, spark , and fuel:cool:

Guest Fox300exchic

Never. I've only had it since Feb. The guy we bought it from only rode it about twice. Im not sure how often all that needs to be done.

it should say in your owners manual for valve adjustment i check mine every 25 hours or so

Guest Fox300exchic

Well......

I cleaned the carb and dumped out the gas tank cuz there was serious dirt in there. I know now to never let my sister in law ride it when im not there. That worked

Oh and I dont have a manual DeadAIM

was your choke off? it may sound stupid but it can cause the quad to die

Did either of you guys notice that this thread is 2 1/2 years old???????????? lol.

No :amstupid:

I've never done a stupid thing before, ever, really :goofy:

The Tors is only a Throttle Over ride System that is supposed to protect your motor from over Revs....I dont think the 300EX has one....Banshee, Blaster do I know....

Anyway,,,,When was the last time you adjusted your Valves and Timed it????

You need proper timing, proper valve adjustment , compression, spark , and fuel:cool:

actually it does have something similar but its built into the electric ignition module, main reason i know is because now that i have the mods done to the bike (or golf cart as you may say lol) i hit the limiter often (well ok might be due to being in second or third climbing big dunes lol)

well i posted way back then... but it got lost in the Bermuda triangle and didnt resurface until now lmao