Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Which Brand of Battery is Best

Gwbarm

Go to solution Solved by Oldbear,

1 minute ago, Mech said:

nothing in either of the manuals you quote say anything about not fully recharging the battery

And neither did I.  I said to charge to 100% and discharge no lower than 60%.

2 minutes ago, Mech said:

or only operating them through a narrow range of mid-charge.

Yes they did.  "Avoid low discharge cycles by charging the battery pack frequently".

3 minutes ago, Mech said:

As with carbies, and diagnosing charging systems, or electrical faults in general, you prefer your opinions over the conventional wisdom and proven best practice.

Yes, you embarrassed yourself thoroughly on those threads too.

I thought you may have learned when to keep silent when you didn't know what you were talking about.

And a quick read up on the beloved Researchgate reveals that it doesn't do any testing, or verifying. it links to people's published works, peer reviewed on not... and..

Is ResearchGate credible?
There are credible researchers with strong records of good quality peer-reviewed publications, even the occasional Nobel prize-winner, who are signed up to ResearchGate. But there are also many others with much weaker publication records, and contributions of doubtful value.

Just now, Mech said:

And a quick read up on the beloved Researchgate reveals that it doesn't do any testing, or verifying. it links to people's published works, peer reviewed on not... and..

Is ResearchGate credible?
There are credible researchers with strong records of good quality peer-reviewed publications, even the occasional Nobel prize-winner, who are signed up to ResearchGate. But there are also many others with much weaker publication records, and contributions of doubtful value.

You just keep making yourself look more desperate.  The publication is IEEE and is mirrored on researchgate.

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7488267

Publisher: IEEE

Try again.

" Lithium batteries like to be drawn down to 60% and charged up to 80% for maximum life." Oh really.. and where did you read that?

"Discharging them beyond 50% causes them irreparable harm.". Oh.. your opinion again or did you read that somewhere online ?

Just because IEEE quote or print something doesn't make it peer reviewed or science.. 

2 minutes ago, Mech said:

" Lithium batteries like to be drawn down to 60% and charged up to 80% for maximum life." Oh really.. and where did you read that?

"Discharging them beyond 50% causes them irreparable harm.". Oh.. your opinion again or did you read that somewhere online ?

Those are the claims made by the IEEE publication which you're so desperate to refute with absolutely no reference or reasoning whatsoever.

As I said, we have a chainsaw manual + IEEE publication -vs- some old dude in New Zealand patting himself on the back.

You've brought nothing to the table other than "believe me because I'm old."