Quantcast

2005 Yamaha Big Bear 400 wheel bearings and ....?

mga

On 2/4/2023 at 2:17 PM, Gwbarm said:

Thanks for looking for me, mine ia a 2000  Big Bear 400, wiring harness is different for the 350, in fact, im having a lot of trouble finding parts for  the 2000 except OEM , when the year range its listed for generic parts the 2000 model is always omitted don't know what's different about it. See plenty for the 2000 Kodiak, which I thought would be about the same, but not Big Bear.

hey, are your electrical components installed where they go? Mine were just tucked where ever someone thought they would fit. If yours are in place can you post a pic? I also have one ground wire with no home and a white connector that plugs into no where. I'll post a pic of them tomorrow. I'm not sure where the rectifier goes or the cdi unit. When i got it they were just on top of the battery. The parts list shows them somewhere in the back, but i'm not sure where.

thanks

by the way, our vin numbers are almost the same, except my last digits are 00815

Edited by mga

11 hours ago, Gwbarm said:

I do have everything wired back up not exactly in place because a lot of the wires including solenoid and battery fit on top of the rear fender. I will take some photos and post tomorrow 

no need to post any pics. I watched a guy on youtube as he had his atv apart and i saw how everything went. I had one white connector left over and i looked at the parts drawings and it said there's a "motor control module". So, i looked that up and new it's $150. I said no way. Then i found out it'ss missing ONE word...FAN.  LOL it's the Fan Motor Controller. So, not needed right now, probably never because i don't plan on doing any heavy riding.

Other than the tube from the carb to the air box (which i'll order this week) it's just about ready. (fingers crossed) Being an after market carb, i'm sure i'll have to play around with that. 

Brainstorming is the best teacher! thanks!!!!

3 hours ago, Jim Denton said:

Glad to hear you got it fingered out. You can buy that vacuum line by the foot at the auto parts store. Measure the nipple before you go. Don't ask me how I know. It may be less expensive 

i'm ordering this part....has the hose with it

air cleaner intake.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Gwbarm said:

Hows the Big Bear doing ?

starts and seems to run good, but has to warm up a bit first. It jumps when put in gear, but i've read at serveral places that a Big Bear is notorious for hard shifting and a slight jump when puit in gear. two thing i need for it is the fan motor controller, which i ordered, and eventually a pull start assembly and it's 100% done

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Need-help-with-quads
      So I have an 89 Yamaha moto 4 250cc and when I ride it, itll get hot after like 10-15 mins and then will just die and turn off.
      It's has new carb rebuild, new air filter, new battery, new spark plug so I don't think it's a crack in the spark plug
      Can anyone help me?
    • By pitts
      Just joined so I can download a manual and In the process of making my 10 posts.
    • By Brantley11
      Hey everybody,

My proficiency is with Hondas and Yamahas make me see RED!

This bike is my brother in law's, it has 1199 miles on it and went from running great to dead with no start. Every once and a while it will start and sputter for 2 seconds. It is extremely sporadic when it fires but never runs for longer than 3 seconds. 

Here is where we sit:
      Brand New Fully Charged battery
      Carb was cleaned with air hose and carb cleaner then into the ultrasonic cleaner with Aircraft aluminum cleaner
      New Shindy Carb kit (made in Japan version)
      Cleaned out petcock and gas tank
      New 93 Non Ethanol Gas
      New Spark Plug

It gets a spark through the spark test light every time
      Bluish white spark
      When holding the spark plug 1/4" - 3/8" away from head it will jump and spark to the head
      Good Compression

Here are the readings:

Pickup Coil 519 Ohms (range 459-561)
      Charging Coil 266 Ohms (range 270-330)
      Lighting Coil 0.700 (range 0.702-0.858)
      Spark plug Cap 10.58 Ohms (10kohms
      Ignition Coil Primary Coil 0.5 ohms (range 0.18-0.28 ohms)
      Ignition Coil Secondary Coil 8.20 kOhms (range 6.32-9.48 kOhms)

Would y'all think stator and pick up coil, rectifier or CDI are the culprit?

• By oxidized_black
      Yamaha ATV manuals are located in the downloads section here at QUADCRAZY.
      Please visit the downloads section at https://www.quadcrazy.com/files/
      Get 15% at emanualsonline.com with coupon code EMOAFF
      Get 20% at emanualsonline.com with coupon code BLAZE and $50 purchase
      Clymer ATV Manual - Yamaha Raptor 700R

• By 86ccord
      Starting this build thread to keep up with everything on my build and hope to motivate someone!

I picked up this 2008 Yamaha Big Bear 250 2 weeks ago. A guy that I hunt with parked it at the hunt club for a year or so before I asked him if he wanted to sell. He said " fill my feeder and throw some batteries in my cameras, and you can have it". Sounds like a deal to me! 
      I have attached some pictures of how it sat under a tarp in the woods and when I got it home and cleaned up a little.