Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Voice your opinion

So I'm thinking ahead. When I decide to trade in my current ride or just get another, what should I get? I now ride a TRX450, I really want a KTM525 but the 08's are on back order so I don't see an 08 being available next year. The 09 is the same price as the Rhino, that's just stupid. Lets here what all of you think I should get.

I ride mostly rocky wooded trails. I visit the dunes about only once a year. I don't touch track, what you think? Buying used is out of the question.

I'm a Honda diehard. Raptor would be my last choice. You know how Honda guys feel about Yammies. The same way they feel about Hondas. I would go any other brand before Yamaha. Nothing against them performance wise, just don't want Blue.

thats cool, i was just giving u a heads up:wink:

I've only heard one negative thing about the KTM. The gas tank has this ridge that is meant just for looks. If the rider is over 6 feet tall their knees WILL be beat to crap. That is one thing that scares me. There are times when I'm riding hard and the next day I will have bruises on the inside of my knees. My tank is perfectly smooth. When I'm riding hard I'm leaning over the bars while standing up. So those knees are holding on to that tank for dear life.

I've only heard one negative thing about the KTM. The gas tank has this ridge that is meant just for looks. If the rider is over 6 feet tall their knees WILL be beat to crap. That is one thing that scares me. There are times when I'm riding hard and the next day I will have bruises on the inside of my knees. My tank is perfectly smooth. When I'm riding hard I'm leaning over the bars while standing up. So those knees are holding on to that tank for dear life.

so your knees have hands and they hold on to the gas tank!:huh::laugh:

I was looking at one the other day. The all black one, it's growing on me. I just don't know about 500 pounds.
Now your starting to sound like a High School Cheerleader. Worrying about weight.:aargh::icon_bsc::slob::dammit::vommit:Man, please tell me Roody and the to HEAVY crap did not rub off on you !?!?!?!?!?!?

well i bet you expected this.

2009 Outlaw 525S.

they shaved even more weight off of it.

they shaved 6 more lbs this year. eliminated the seat problem. and the new ones heel guards [which broke easily on the old ones] are aluminum. cheaper than KTM. Fox Shocks. MAXXIS tires. sounds like the pick for you IMO.

i agree on the the 700xx, too heavy! well if your bent on gettin a new quad then i would say get the ktm. ktm's repuation with dirtbikes won its way through with quads as well. well built and fasssst. idk bout the polaris i like the new look but my brother polaris was a piece of shitt on wheels. and so was my uncles scrambler. if it was me i would most definatly stay away from the polaris and save my money for the ktm :laugh: but its your choice.

I was actually looking at them online today. My cousin has a Polaris 525, I've had it up to 83mph down a sand wash. Crazy fast, but he's never had any issue. He even did the Mexico run with us last year.

The 08 KTM is practically impossible to get, the 09 cost as much as the Rhino.