Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

wheeler0801

...a tough race weekend

so i've been really busy w/work so i haven't been on too much in the last week....but now i've finally got the chance!!!

.....i blew my baby up last weekend at a race:frown:

it started well....i got 2nd in the holeshot, and i passed the girl who was in first when she got stuck in a bottleneck of riders in a tree....

then the rain started and it was super muddy....thennnnnnnn, as i pulled in my clutch to slide through a sloppy muddy corner...bam. she stalled. :mad: talk about being super upset, it was the first time i was ever going to lead a lap in this stinkin' series....quite an accomplishment for me, as this is my first year racing and they've been racing 4-5 years.....

anywho....we got the motor out and took her to our local shop and found out....the piston shattered:frown:

so...she's still at the shop, getting all kinds of new parts...and nearly $1100 later, I'll have a newly rebuilt motor for this weekends race....:cry::shocked:

Sorry Wheeler. I hope things are going better Today. I hope you have a better weekend this weekend.

aww thanks everyone....the motor is a 2000, but it was never really abused until i got it and started racing it...i've had it since the end of 2006 so I should consider myself lucky.....it just sucked that it had to happen at that race at that particular point...

I wouldn't recommend a 450 for a girl who races. The 400 can be built to run with the 450s at top speed. Through 3rd gear the 400ex will hang no problem. The 400 also has reverse which is HUGE in Harscrambles. If you get yourself stuck on the 450, it often takes ALOT of upper body strength to lift out of the mud or get off a rock. The 400 you can USUALLY back out of a sticky situation.

I wouldn't recommend a 450 for a girl who races. The 400 can be built to run with the 450s at top speed. Through 3rd gear the 400ex will hang no problem. The 400 also has reverse which is HUGE in Harscrambles. If you get yourself stuck on the 450, it often takes ALOT of upper body strength to lift out of the mud or get off a rock. The 400 you can USUALLY back out of a sticky situation.

no reverse on the 450?????

totally agreed Bot, I LOVE my 400, my husband has the 450 and I hate riding it. It seems wayyyy to tempramental...but on my 400 I don't have reverse...that's something I'd like to get in the future for it, a new bottom end w/reverse...

buttttt we just picked the motor up last night....the grand total: $1245.00:cry::wacko::bangheadc::willy_nillyc::ack2c::eek2::soapbox::shock2:

well, again, good luck with the new motor....it better win some races for you and pay you back.

bahahah what a joke. it blew up again. all that money adn i got a lap on it...about 8 miles to be exact....we got home, did a compression test it was only at about 50 when it's supposed to be over a 100....

needless to say i sat on the side of the track and cried from being soo upset about spending all the money....

its now back at the shop and they're pretty much clueless as to why it happened, it had more than enough break time on it....so we're getting new piston & rings put in and this time instead of boring it we're honing.....andddd the guys feel so bad for me, they're giving me dealer cost on parts and only charging me a quarter of the labor charge per hour.....

we're racin it supercross style this weekend, as i should have it back either tonight or tomorrow...

but you can bet she'll sit in the yard idling for a half hour before we do anythign wtih it......not taking anymore chances.....

and, on top of all that, i busted my nerfs in half when they caught on a rock that first lap...bahaha, just my luck....

bahahah what a joke. it blew up again. all that money adn i got a lap on it...about 8 miles to be exact....we got home, did a compression test it was only at about 50 when it's supposed to be over a 100....

needless to say i sat on the side of the track and cried from being soo upset about spending all the money....

its now back at the shop and they're pretty much clueless as to why it happened, it had more than enough break time on it....so we're getting new piston & rings put in and this time instead of boring it we're honing.....andddd the guys feel so bad for me, they're giving me dealer cost on parts and only charging me a quarter of the labor charge per hour.....

we're racin it supercross style this weekend, as i should have it back either tonight or tomorrow...

but you can bet she'll sit in the yard idling for a half hour before we do anythign wtih it......not taking anymore chances.....

and, on top of all that, i busted my nerfs in half when they caught on a rock that first lap...bahaha, just my luck....

that sucks. the ppl that did the work should rebuild the engine for free. because it was obviosly their mistake. I hope everything works out.

our mechanic that works on our stuff is a pretty trust worthy guy, i really believe when he says he has no clue what happened, that he really means it...andddd he's only going to be making like 50 bucks off us this time because of the labor, and he's not chargin us but the dealer cost on parts.....

stuff happens...you just learn to live with it and get through it

our mechanic that works on our stuff is a pretty trust worthy guy, i really believe when he says he has no clue what happened, that he really means it...andddd he's only going to be making like 50 bucks off us this time because of the labor, and he's not chargin us but the dealer cost on parts.....

stuff happens...you just learn to live with it and get through it

I had a mechanic put 3 pistons in my old bike in a month. At the end we found he was running it WAY to lean or something. Point is, he was a trust worthy guy and you better believe he pulled the old I have no idea why it would do that. Just keep that in mind.

idk what you mean by too lean??

we have the old piston at home, the one he took out originally....I'm confused. sorrrry =[

idk what you mean by too lean??

we have the old piston at home, the one he took out originally....I'm confused. sorrrry =[

He had it jetted way wrong. It was a simple fix but one that cost him 2 rebuilt motors and a very good customer. He basically over looked something he shouldn't have.

by the way...here's the start from last weekend race, the one i got to run about 8 miles at before we blew it up again...i got second in the holeshot, as usual :)

th_Becki-5.jpg