Quantcast

Akron Ohio ATV riding couple says HOWDY!

handyhiker

I just found this site and thought I would join. A couple quick lines about the wife and me. First we own 5 quads. From new to old-- 2008 Suzuki KQ 450 axi LE. This is Vickie's (my wife). She absolutely LOVES this thing. The mods on this quad are front and rear bumpers, front winch, hand guards, rear view mirrors and heated grips. It has given her MUCH more confidence in riding. Next is a 2002 Polaris Scrambler 500 HO 4x4. This is my trail ride. Mods are front and rear winches, hand guards, heated grips, rear rack, taller handle bars, a-arm guards, modified muffler and ITP tires. Next, 1999 Polaris Scrambler 400 4x4 2 stroke. I am turning this quad into a more sporty beast. This winter it will be getting several performance upgrades. Stock this is 38hp. I hope to be in the 65hp range by spring. Then the racer of the bunch, a 1999 Honda 400ex. This is the only 2 wheel drive we own. I really don't ride this one much and am giving it to my son. Mods include full skid plates, smaller counter shaft sprocket, air deflectors. Last and the work horse of the bunch is a 1987 Honda TRX350D Foreman. This one plows the drive, hauls the fire wood trailer, and drags brush.

We ride mostly in PA where we own a cabin. Last vacation we spent there we did 250 miles. Still only did a small number of the trails.

Well that's enough for now, just want to say thanks for letting us join.

Ken

Hey handyhiker, welcome to QUADCRAZY! You got some nice machines there. How do you like that 450 KQ? Does it have digital instrumentation? Some nice modifications. Where did you get the bumbers for the KQ? I haven't looked in a while, but when I did I could not find anything for the 700. Got any pictures?

Hey handyhiker, welcome to QUADCRAZY! You got some nice machines there. How do you like that 450 KQ? Does it have digital instrumentation? Some nice modifications. Where did you get the bumbers for the KQ? I haven't looked in a while, but when I did I could not find anything for the 700. Got any pictures?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is a digital dash, nice!! Here are the bumpers, I don't think I have goo0d pics yet with them on.

Suzuki Bumpers at Babbitts Sports Center

Hello and welcome to QuadCRAZY! You should have your wife register with her own name. We have a section just for the ladies and lots of lady riders she could chat with.

She is not much of a web person. I might be able to get her to look at a few things and comment, but don't think she would sign up herself. I will tell her that the offer was made to her and see what she says.

Here are a few pics.

2927995624_10468b6986.jpg

2927996288_01b33aa1d4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is a digital dash, nice!! Here are the bumpers, I don't think I have goo0d pics yet with them on.

Suzuki Bumpers at Babbitts Sports Center

Thanks for the link and pics. I had a hard time finding bumbers 2 years ago. I guess they're out there now! Thanks for posting the pics!

Here's a pic of mine when it was newer..., never had bumpers on it:

forsale.gif