Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

then i pulled the head

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

i had seen that there was this and started to relize it was going to take longer than i had expected oh well its all fun and shit for me though

IMG_4162.jpg

well this is about as far as i have gotten to im am in need of some parts

i need

stock air box assembly

misc bolts

stock front wheel

and

carb cross over pipe

thats it so far oh if you have pegs

i would love to have an extra set so hook me up

WOW!!!!! I think your first investment needs to be a Bead Blaster!!!!! LOL!!!

Anyway,,,,,This looks like a Great Project...Are you going to be Pumping it up or going back stock????

Air Box

eBay Motors: Yamaha Banshee stock air box K&N filter pro-design plat (item 250368692463 end time Feb-11-09 20:41:20 PST)

eBay Motors: yamaha banshee yfz 350 AIRBOX AIR BOX (item 160313675988 end time Feb-09-09 14:54:28 PST)

Lots of people Sell bolt kits on Ebay.....Ive bought several through the yrs....Very nice kits....\

Banshee Bolt Kit, All matching items for sale.

As far as wheels.....You can pretty much get stockers off ebay shipped for 50 bucks I bet....Or you can get like ITP new for 80 Bucks.....Just depends on what you really want.....You want the Gold ones or the Bling ones....LOL!!!!

Keep us all updated would ya????

looks like you have your work cut out for ya.. that banshee looks like she has quite a few hours on it.. but there are tons of aftermarket go fast parts for them and are pretty reasonable price wise.. keep it up man and take your time.. get a service manual and go at it..

i have some banshee parts and several freinds that stock parts as well it looks like your clcy, are pitted i would go with 20thousands over and new pistions average clcy, bore is $90. new pistions wisco are about $210. with rings and gaskets have your head magnafluced for cracks and warpage since your pistion was turned check your rods to make sure the rod hasnt twisted on the crank and check your intake boots arent dry rotted or the reeds arent broke email about your list of parts and i can locate in about to days deoending on my freinds work schedual.

Quite nice of you to offer the help Opie, I am just wondering though if you noticed that he last posted in this thread almost a year ago? I am curious how things have gone on that project though. Maybe he will come back and update one of these days.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jeff Miller
      I'm trying to troubleshoot a starting issue. For a while, maybe a year sometimes I would hit the starter button and I'd hear a single loud click, but the starter wouldn't turn. Usually if I could pull the pull start or roll it in gear it would then start. (now I'm thinking that was coincidence) Now it only clicks. I tried to check what I could, battery is good, solenoid clicks strong, cleaned all connections (which were 80% clean anyway). I started thinking the starter wasn't spinning. I pulled it and it spins freely. The gear that it contacts in the engine-I can wiggle it maybe 1/16th to 1/8th inch back and forth. When I reinstall the starter I feel it jerk when I hit the button. I'm thinking maybe it's the starter clutch? It seems when there's a problem with them they usually just spin freely and don't engage at all. Is it possibly something is causing it to lock? I'm a bit lost now.
    • By Steve Stahlschmidt
      Will not start with out a shot of ether then only runs until it's burnt! Replaced fuel pump, carb, fuel filter, fuel shut off, new plug! I'm lost now! Could it have a bad coil? prior to this it would start and run fine!
    • By Sled Dog
      Hello Team!  Hopefully someone can help me.  I've been to the Suzuki forum and its pretty dead.  I should have been on this site a while ago as I own a Canam, Hondas and a RZR!
      Anyways issue is the ATV won't start.  Friend gave it to me to try get running.  They installed a Amazon carb and machine did the same thing.  This machine has 1100 miles and is not beat.  Appears to have led a gentle life.
      So the first thing I did was ask for the original carb.  They do have and brought it over.  But first I changed out all the old gas and put new in.  Got it to start but would not idle.  But could ride it around yard.  Its a manual, went through all 5 gears.  Runs like normal but would not idle.
      So I got a Shindy rebuild kit and rebuilt the original carb.  Reinstalled and almost the same thing.  Starter spins and it tries to catch but doesn't until it does.  Then it seems to run ok.  Idles high but after a while it will go down.
      So I take tank off and give a very good cleaning.  Took off the fuel petcock.  All looks good.  No fuel in the vacuum line so I believe its working as it should.  Cleaned carb again.  Adjusted valves.  Did not need.  Reinstalled everything and same exact thing.  Spins like a maniac for 10 or more seconds before it will start.
      Spark plug is black.  Brand new one too.  I checked the spark and did not see any.  Googled how to do it and I was doing it right, tried again, now I have spark.  Hmmm.  Kept checking and always had it.
      My battle plan now is to clean the Amazon (Chy-na) carb and install that one.  If it does the same exact thing I'll figure its not the carb.  If it does something different this will tell me nothing as I don't trust the Amazon carbs!
      But now I've read that these models Eigers have issues with the fly wheel magnets coming loose.  And affecting spark.  Anyone know if this sounds right?  Maybe if the spark is out of time it makes it harder to start but once started the running engine can overcome that?
      Oh yeah, compression is 130, spec is 142.  Not sure I trust my Harbor frieght compression tester though.  I'm bringing it to work to get the gauge calibrated.
      Sorry so long winded but I like to give all the details I can for the people in the know!  Anything anyone can suggest I do?  Thanks for your time!
    • By cameron walton
      Hi Guys, I'm a newbie but pretty handy with a DMM (controls technician). I have been fighting a junker quad i picked up as a project bike, was assured it would run if I replaced the battery and cleaned the carb. I replaced the battery, rebuilt the carb with a OEM kit. FIxed all my switches and foul played circuitry from the last guy.... So I could get it to start long enough to test the quad, it seems okay from a trans/engine point. However I couldn't get the carb adjusted to idle to save my life with the idle air screw or the thumb screw on the card for the slide. I took it to a friend who is much more familiar with yamaha and quads and he double checked my carb rebuild all was fine, he adjusted the float to make the fuel not overfill which i missed.
      He pulled the air intake, got it started and couldn't get it to idle with or without air filter. We started looking at the spark plug (new) and he tested it with a spark plug clamp meter, tested good, pulled it and grounded and it had spark but he felt it was weak. I order a working used oem coil to try the easy things first. When I ohm out the coil on the quad with my Fluke i'm seeing .4 ohms on primary (ground lug to male connector) and 18K ohms on secondary (inside boot to ground lug). Seems like this forum is full of bear trackers so I'm hoping someone has some ideas to help me figure where to go with this. His thought was he know I ave fuel and he knows I have air, spark would be next. I have spark but possibly weak. Thanks
    • By Ben Lennon
      Hi guys new to this forum and thought I’d jump on as I’ve just bought my first quad a Kawasaki bayou klf300c 89 model. It had starting issues when I bought it so I’ve gone thru and replaced the cdi, voltage regulator and starter solenoid aswell as rebuilt the starter motor after all this it was still free spinning on electric start so I pulled the stator cover off to find the fly wheel wasn’t spinning so replaced the one way clutch bearing put it all back together and still not engaging at all. I’m at a loss and looking for some ideas on we’re to look next to solve the problem
      cheers Ben 👍
  • Similar Tagged Content