Quantcast

newb with some questions

hydra

hi, i've got an 85 ATC 110, its been sitting in my friends grandfathers house since 87, the thing is mint except it needs new tires and some carb work. Should i rebuild the carb or buy a new one (its leaking round the petcock and could use a new float). and secondly are there any engine upgrades, i.e. a 185 swap, as i could get one cheap, thanks and great site by the way

hi, i've got an 85 ATC 110, its been sitting in my friends grandfathers house since 87, the thing is mint except it needs new tires and some carb work. Should i rebuild the carb or buy a new one (its leaking round the petcock and could use a new float). and secondly are there any engine upgrades, i.e. a 185 swap, as i could get one cheap, thanks and great site by the way

Welcome Triker!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the 110....Almost Bullet Proof Machines....

Tires are Cheap enough and you can get a rebuild kit Cheap as well...I would suggest you Change the oil and Filter while you are at it.

On the upgraded 185......I dont think it will fit....the 110 is more Horizontal than that of the 200m or the 185....However,,,,,the ATC125 should work Perfectly and give you Electric Start to boot....Just an option.....Also,,,,The choice of most swaps these days is the Chinese motors....Lifans and such....Cheap!!!!!

Good luck....

• 1 month later...

Id like to start by saying hi to everyone...this is my first time posting. Iregistered here quite sometime ago, but never used the site. second, congratulations on the 110!theyre solid bikes, and hard to find in good shape. anyways, dotn buy a new carb rebuild kits are cheap and easy to install. it really only consists of cleaning up the carb, and replacing a few small parts. and theyre right...tires arent too expensive.for that bike, its worth it! I have a 110 with a ton of work done to it. Ill post pics as soon as I can...

I would just do a big bore kit on the 110 instead of a motor swap. You'll have the awesome low gears that came with the 110 and big bore power and its much less of a headache than any motor swap. We just did a 1mm over on my buddies 110 which is the last step in overbore pistons. You might want to start with the .25 or .5 mm over so you can step up to the .75 and then the 1mm later I tried to talk my buddy into doing this but his motto has always been go big or go home LOL I hope he doesn't ride it to hard or he'll be sorry once he's running low on compression.

I would just do a big bore kit on the 110 instead of a motor swap. You'll have the awesome low gears that came with the 110 and big bore power and its much less of a headache than any motor swap. We just did a 1mm over on my buddies 110 which is the last step in overbore pistons. You might want to start with the .25 or .5 mm over so you can step up to the .75 and then the 1mm later I tried to talk my buddy into doing this but his motto has always been go big or go home LOL I hope he doesn't ride it to hard or he'll be sorry once he's running low on compression.

What Headache??? The Any Honda 70,90,110,125 Bolts right in with No Modifications. The 125 is a nice Mod as it has the Elec. Start....I have Done a few of these Conversions in my Time and I have to say my Favorite one was a 110 in a ATC70.....When I was a Kid that was my Hill Shooter Trike....LMAO!!!

Also,,,,All the Aftermarket Motors that are in all the Pit Bikes..They also Bolt Right up....Honda Mounts.....And seem to be the Choice of anyone that is Doing ATC70's right now and for the last 5 yrs....

GIT IT RAGGGG!!!!