Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

cruzin_papa

Help me pick a couple of atvs please

Hello all

Ok here is the deal I would like some help with picks for new atvs for me and my wife. Here is what I'm looking at. First me. I'm in my 40s and I'm 6'1" I weigh in at 220. I'm looking for a 4WD atv. I use to ride a 300 Bayou 2WD that I liked. I'm will be riding trails and using it for deer hunting mostly. I may also want to take it in the mud some. I prefer to change my own gears but may also be open to an auto. I have been out looking some and think I may go with a Yamaha Big Bear 400 or Grizzly 450. Doe you all think these would be good picks and wonder how they stack up with each other? Here is what I think is most important to me. 1. reliability 2.low end power and the ability to get throu some rough stuff. 3 comfort.

Ok now for the wife we are thinking the Grizzly 350 auto 2WD. She will mostly be with me on old log rodes and trails nothing rough at all. What is important to her is 1. it must be auto. 2.reliability 3.easy to ride and control and comfort. Yea I guess we are looking for old gezzer type rides:laugh:

One other thing when did 4 wheels get so big? Back when I had the 300 a 400 was big and any thing bigger was just too much. Thanks so much for the help and sorry about this being kind of long.

Cruzin_papa

Any of the 3 choices would be a great choice. Personally I would consider 4x4 for your wife. Manily because of the hilly region you live in. The 400 Big Bear is a 5 speed with ITP Mudlites on it.

You know,,,,,Ive seen first hand what the Griz 700 is Capable of...If I were to ever get a 4X4 it would be that one...I know its Auto but That thing gets up and Goes and has the Power Steering.....For the Wife How about the Griz 550??? My wife has the Yamaha Wolverine 450...Its 4X4 and Sporty....No Power Steering but it does just fine.....She loves it....Its Auto though.....

I dont know....Im not much of a Quad guy yet....But I have been impressed by those machines....:wink:

My Buddies Griz700

DD09.jpg

Pulling a Broken Dirtbike out of the Dunes.....:yes:

IMG_6095.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

Jumping with my Buddies Kid....

Dirtdogwade.jpg

DirtdogJump.jpg

Recovering a Broken Trike in the dunes....

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

My wifes Wolverine at the Top of Banshee Hill...(Note: He had to take it around....Would not pull the hill....However,,,,It made it half way...LOL)

IMG_6375.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

my buddie has the 350 yamaha wolveren two wheel drive but id go with the wolverine 400 4 wheel drive sporty and powwerfull

I would spend the money and get a bigger Grizzly with power steering and somethings smaller but 4wd for the wife. You may want to check out a King Quad also or a Brute Force.

all the choices are great especially the wolverine for ur wife... but if u want manual transmission and reliable atv go with arctic cat.. the 500 manual transmission is ur best bet