Quantcast

Help me pick a couple of atvs please

Hello all

Ok here is the deal I would like some help with picks for new atvs for me and my wife. Here is what I'm looking at. First me. I'm in my 40s and I'm 6'1" I weigh in at 220. I'm looking for a 4WD atv. I use to ride a 300 Bayou 2WD that I liked. I'm will be riding trails and using it for deer hunting mostly. I may also want to take it in the mud some. I prefer to change my own gears but may also be open to an auto. I have been out looking some and think I may go with a Yamaha Big Bear 400 or Grizzly 450. Doe you all think these would be good picks and wonder how they stack up with each other? Here is what I think is most important to me. 1. reliability 2.low end power and the ability to get throu some rough stuff. 3 comfort.

Ok now for the wife we are thinking the Grizzly 350 auto 2WD. She will mostly be with me on old log rodes and trails nothing rough at all. What is important to her is 1. it must be auto. 2.reliability 3.easy to ride and control and comfort. Yea I guess we are looking for old gezzer type rides:laugh:

One other thing when did 4 wheels get so big? Back when I had the 300 a 400 was big and any thing bigger was just too much. Thanks so much for the help and sorry about this being kind of long.

Cruzin_papa

• 3 weeks later...

You know,,,,,Ive seen first hand what the Griz 700 is Capable of...If I were to ever get a 4X4 it would be that one...I know its Auto but That thing gets up and Goes and has the Power Steering.....For the Wife How about the Griz 550??? My wife has the Yamaha Wolverine 450...Its 4X4 and Sporty....No Power Steering but it does just fine.....She loves it....Its Auto though.....

I dont know....Im not much of a Quad guy yet....But I have been impressed by those machines....:wink:

My Buddies Griz700

DD09.jpg

Pulling a Broken Dirtbike out of the Dunes.....:yes:

IMG_6095.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

Jumping with my Buddies Kid....

Dirtdogwade.jpg

DirtdogJump.jpg

Recovering a Broken Trike in the dunes....

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

My wifes Wolverine at the Top of Banshee Hill...(Note: He had to take it around....Would not pull the hill....However,,,,It made it half way...LOL)

IMG_6375.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg