Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

TPbandit

cr500 engine in 3 wheeler frame?

85 and 86 are the Best ones to use....after that from what I hear they De tuned them.....Some Swear by the 85 some Swear by the 86....But those two yrs is all I have ever seen in a Trike.....I have Ridden with my buddies 86....Freaking thing RIPPS.....

His is him on the 500R...

RichardRampage.jpg

The 1999 CR500 puts out about 62 hp. Everything I have ever read the 1984-89 put out 56-58hp. Everything after that put out 62.

Unless every bit of info I have ever come across on the CR is wrong, your info is backwards on which one is detuned.

I remember when these came out in 84...It was Air Cooled and just WICKED!!! 85 it was WaterCooled and Still Wicked...Ive seen many a rider Spit off of them things...:laugh: If I remember correctly....The 84-86's were around 62 at the Shaft and 58 or so RWHP.....when I say they "Detuned" them they Lowered the Compression Ratio so you could Kick it over...That was one of the biggest problems with them back in the Day....Starting them....But nothing a Couple of Brass Gaskets wouldnt Fix...:wink:

You could put a newer motor in there....Are the Mounting Locations different??? Swaping a 500 isnt a Direct Bolt with any yr......I just know that the 85-86 are the Choice of Trikers....:wink:

Thread moved to 3 wheeler forum and title changed to be more descriptive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Bwdeaton
      I recently picked up a king quad 700 that doesn't run in the hopes of getting it running by spring. It had been previously taken apart some and a few pieces are missing in the engine, but the frame is complete and in good condition. The motor will need a piston, rings, cylinder, cams, and a few misc parts that are missing. Also the cases will need to be split to remove the pieces of piston that are in the crankcase. The piston blew up at high rpm and did a number on the cylinder so I'm trying to find out if it would be worth rebuilding this motor it buying another engine to swap in. There may be more damage to this engine that I can see so I was wondering how bad the insides of it could be considering it destroyed the piston. I have found a motor for 1200 plus 200 shipping, the only problem is I don't have that much now and I would have to save up a while before being able to afford it. Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By thesandmanisme
      The engine has this stamp, J416-114443. Does anyone know what they mean?
    • By ptmalins
      Hi all, I have an EGL Moto Quad with standard 250 1 cylinder 15hp motor. Have got 30hp Ex250 Kawasaki motor with everything to run for transplant. This is my first attempt of a mod like this and would be very interested in any similar projects people have done. I understand it is critical to get alignment spot on but what about pitch of engine?
      Any feedback would be awesome.
    • By Buick350X
      Exploiting a loop hole in the law, turn 4 wheeler into rev trike
      for a long while I have been trying to get a real 4 wheeler street legal.
      the problem is with the state laws, if it has 4 wheels, its a car and has mega more rules.
      If it only has 3 wheels, its a trike and can be made from cobbled junk parts held together with duct tape and they will plate it
      I wonder if anyone would have insight on changing a 4 wheeler over to a single rear wheel?
      [ I can't afford some $40-60,000 canam or super bike modded into a car, rev trike kit ]
      I want something I can truly ride year round on and off road. Ive rode enough old Honda 3 wheelers that I know I do not want a traditional motorcycle trike. So the single wheel has to go out back.

• By oakley
      I have a 1994 Yamaha Timberwolf that has been a strong running machine until recently. This past year I replaced the pulsar coil which resolved a prior problem I was having. After running for several weeks without a hitch, I one day went out to start it and it would not. The starter motor is turning but it does not engage the engine. Can anyone suggest a remedy to get it running again?
      I have gone over the whole electrical system while in the process of correcting the pulsar coil problem. I believe where I hear the starter motor turning the problem lies elsewhere; I think.