Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Just got new atv - 1986 suzuki LT230s!

kvnkrk

Hey guys hows it going? Im new to this site but not to motorcycles however I just bought a sport atv today and need to know how I find out what it is. It has a suzuki motor on it that I know but dont know if frame is or not. How do I find out. This is an older bike I would say but not for sure. Want to get it running but need to get some parts. Thanks for your input. Can post pictures if you want to see and mabey you will know.

Here are some pics I took yesterday I'll get some closeups today. I am going to find the sereial # and call suzuki and find out if the motor even goes to the frame. But from what I looked up on internet last night it looks like an 86 or an 87 suzuki 230 quad sport. Well I tried to post pic and site wouldnt let me.

Well I tried to post pic and site wouldnt let me.

Congrats on the quad. To post an image within a post, use the yellow image button and enter the url of the image. Since you uploaded the pics to your gallery, on the picture page...you will seee codes to link your image. You can just copy and paste the 'Hotlink for Forums"..which will give you:

5377.jpg

5376.jpg

* Added year, make, and model to your thread title.

Thanks Ajm! I am going to start to tear it down tomorrow and replace all wheel bearings, axle bearings, rebuld calipers and paint it. Decided to go with gold frame and blue body with a WV Mountaineers theme. Going to put new main bearings in and new top end bored over about 60. Wish me luck!

Good luck!! I used to have one of those, it was my first sport quad as well. My Dad bought it new in 1986, he he handed it down to me 3 years later when he bought an '89 250 Quadracer. I had alot of fun on that thing, I rode the crap out of that thing for another 3 years and it never gave me any problems.

just to add another link http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ATV.aspx?s_kwcid=TC|8710|cheap%20cycle%20parts||S||4436108787&gclid=CO_06Mvo2J0CFdBB5god5SJ1rQ. just checked they have everything oem for your atv this site is great. this is were i got all my parts from for my 94 polaris project. Great people. very quick for responding to your emails and answering all the questions u need answered.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I was wondering what my bore size was in my jug but don't know how to convert it. I mesured the bore with a dial caliper and the numbers are- 2" the next number is 6 and the next wich is on the dial is 18 thousandths. Does anyone know an approximate bore size for these numbers. Would like to know before I take it to machine shop next couple of weeks. Thanks